Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TRULY DISAPPOINTE: New to X-MO

New Poster

TRULY DISAPPOINTE: New to X-MO

After being bamboozled by SPRINT, I switched to XMO since I had no problems with my Xfi 3play svr. During the first 30 days (coincidentally?) The 2 Galaxy S8s with unlimited data and the 2 Note 8s with by the gig (suggested as economical by the rep since they wouldnt be using many gigs) worked out well...that is, until after the 30 free cancellation and return policy expired and I got a bill for OVER $750!!!! With my next bill (as stated by the representative when I called...PTSD in full throttle) estimated to be OVER $1,000!!!!. All of the phones were within normal usage range excep for my daughter's Note 8 which was draining over 60gigs of data!. Neither she nor I even use our phones like that. Only my teenaged sons with their S8s, and at the most, 30gigs! I am a disabled vet and use my phone very little with less than 0.91gigs/month. I was told by Tier 1 that there was a problem with her phone and a refund was due but it had to go thru Tier 2 as she was only authorized to refund under $100. She gave me a ticket number and said I would get a call in 24-48 hours. It is now 72 hours later...still no call. I can see where this is going and I don't have the time nor the patience for the run-around, so I will be turning this over to my Attorney General's office, the FCC, FTC, CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau).
New Poster

Re: TRULY DISAPPOINTE: New to X-MO

Shame that folks have no clue how to check for data usage especially when they are not on an unlimited plan.

If you think about it it really is not that different from going over the miles on a auto lease.

The usage is ultimately the responsibility of the driver, no?

I always make sure I'm on wifi first becasue i don't want to go over either.

That is my responsibility to do that not the carrier.

Contributor

All of the phones were within normal usage range excep for my daughter's Note 8 which was draining over 60gigs of data!. Neither she nor I even use our phones like that.

I suspect your daughter is using the Note 8 for more than you think. Streaming lots of movies, streaming lots of music (leaving it on all night), using Facebook Live, downloading apps then deleting all while not connected to WiFi. The problem is with your daughter and her device usage, not Xfinity.

Had you been monitoring your data usage you would have discovered the issue and immediately switched the unlimited plan thus avoiding the large bill. You may get Xfinity to give you a break. But complaining to all those three letter agencies will get you nowhere unless you can prove you did not use the data.

New Poster

I may sound harsh but I have the service with two phones.

First month my son went way over the 4gig mark and only becasue he did shut wifi down (it is on by default!) so if Xfinity mobile gives you a break, you should be praising them for bailing you out vs blaming and not taking responsibility.

We need to stop playing the victim in America and start taking responsibility for our and our families action.

Many of the current craziness in the world would not be happening if we all started to do that. Smiley Wink

Official Employee

Disappointed-1, I can check on your ticket with Tier 2. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation