Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TRAVEL OUT OF COUNTRY

New Poster

TRAVEL OUT OF COUNTRY

I AM TRAVELING TO AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND, LEAVING MARCH 15 AND RETURNING APRIL 15 2018, WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO MQAKE MY PHONE WORK THERE?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: TRAVEL OUT OF COUNTRY

@ANDY1163wrote:

I AM TRAVELING TO AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND, LEAVING MARCH 15 AND RETURNING APRIL 15 2018, WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO MQAKE MY PHONE WORK THERE?

You don't really have to do anything other than enable data roaming, but you'll be charged international rates. You could get your phone unlocked and then get a local sim card when there which might be cheaper.

Internation info: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/223307028/can-i-use-xfinity-mobile-when-i-travel-inte...

Rate info: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/115000865567/what-are-xfinity-mobile's-international-...

Contributor

@ANDY1163 wrote:

You should also enable WiFi calling on your device as it now seems to be working. You can call back to the US when your phone is connected to WiFi without incurring any charges.

Another option is to purchase a local SIM and service. I do that when I travel to Europe. I get phone calls, texts, and data on the European network, call back to the U.S. using WiFi calling.

Official Employee

Hello ANDY1163, the links and information that (mvenanzi and raythompson) shared is correct. Please reach back out to me here if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation