New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Super high latency on Xfinity Mobile when switching from Verizon

ANSWERED
New Poster

Super high latency on Xfinity Mobile when switching from Verizon

Hi,

I've switched to Xfinity Mobile yesterday and am very disappointed. Internet feels very slow and slugish compared to Verizon where I came from. When digging into the issues, I notived the latency/ping here in the San Francisco area is over 170ms - while my husband on Verizon gets about 30ms. 

It seems the APN is located somewhere on the East Coast / Georgia area which may contribute to this poor ping. All of this is resulting in a very bad experience and simply unacceptable if you ask me. 

Does Comcasy have any plans to change this anytime soon? Is there an alternative APN on the West Coast?

Thank you,

DK

Accepted Solution

Re: Super high latency on Xfinity Mobile when switching from Verizon

yaselon, thanks for posting here. A few customers have shown concern on the forums regarding latency and the APN settings of their device. Unfortunately, we are not able to change the APN at this time. Please try speed tests at different locations. If you are seeing different results at different locations, this is explained by variances due to cell tower proximity. 

KenF

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi dk2018, your APN being in GA could be causing your latency issues but it's hard to tell without looking into your other settings on the account. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, phone number and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" so we can get started. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

That has been my number one complaint. Yet, they have done nothing to fix it. They put my ticket on hold and never gave me a solution. Good luck with customer service!
Official Employee

yaselon, thanks for posting here. A few customers have shown concern on the forums regarding latency and the APN settings of their device. Unfortunately, we are not able to change the APN at this time. Please try speed tests at different locations. If you are seeing different results at different locations, this is explained by variances due to cell tower proximity. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation