New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Status of X-Charge backorder

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Status of X-Charge backorder

I am trying to find out how long it will be before the backordered X-Charge will ship.  I ordered on 9/2, with an estimated delivery date of 9/8.  I still have not received any tracking or updates.  My order status still just says Backordered, and my CC has not yet been charged.  I did a chat with support who assured me that there were no problems with the order, but they were just waiting on the phone to be available.  However, I have seen a few posts here that appear to have orders placed after mine who have received their phones.  Is there a way to find out for sure whether there is a hold-up with my order (due to incorrect tier-2 email answers or something like that), or if there is any idea of when the phone will be available to ship?

Valued Contributor

Re: Status of X-Charge backorder

XM said the expected delivery date would be 9/25. The screenshot below was captured about 1hr ago.

2017-09-13_X-Power.png

Regular Visitor

Yes, I saw that today.  A couple days ago it said the 15th, so how do I know it won't keep getting later?  Also, I was hoping that those dates were for a later "batch" of phones for new orders, but that orders placed earlier would be in sooner.  I'm hoping to get a response from a comcast employee here who can give a more definitive answer.  I may need to cancel my order and look into other options if it really will be the 25th or later before it ships.  I can't afford any of the more expensive phones that are in stock right now.

Official Employee

Hi, KatieN. You can find information regarding how to track order status and shipping here. Once your order is fulfilled by our warehouse you will receive an update email with shipping information.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Valued Contributor

KatieN wrote:

Yes, I saw that today.  A couple days ago it said the 15th, so how do I know it won't keep getting later?  Also, I was hoping that those dates were for a later "batch" of phones for new orders, but that orders placed earlier would be in sooner.  I'm hoping to get a response from a comcast employee here who can give a more definitive answer.  I may need to cancel my order and look into other options if it really will be the 25th or later before it ships.  I can't afford any of the more expensive phones that are in stock right now.

I believe even XM agents can't give you a firm delivery date as the X-Charge is in high demand at this low price. And the price promotion will end pretty soon if not today so more orders will be placed today, too.

Contributor

KatieN wrote:

I am trying to find out how long it will be before the backordered X-Charge will ship.  I ordered on 9/2, with an estimated delivery date of 9/8.  I still have not received any tracking or updates.  My order status still just says Backordered, and my CC has not yet been charged.  I did a chat with support who assured me that there were no problems with the order, but they were just waiting on the phone to be available.  However, I have seen a few posts here that appear to have orders placed after mine who have received their phones.  Is there a way to find out for sure whether there is a hold-up with my order (due to incorrect tier-2 email answers or something like that), or if there is any idea of when the phone will be available to ship?

No good. I'm in the same situation it seems but I ordered on 9-7-17. Placed 3 back-orders for 3 X Charge. At the time of my order, XM website showed an estimated ship date of 9-15-17. I am realizing now that XM really has no idea when it'll get these phones into their warehouse and actually start shipping the phones. They just move back the date as time passes. I may also have to cancel my orders if they're not shipped soon. I'll be out travelling for the entire month of Oct. I won't be around to sign for any shipments, neither do I want any shipments delivered to my address even if it didn't require signature as I won't be back until Nov. This is a total fiasco. 

This afternoon I attempted to call XM via their 800 support number. To my absolute astonishment, the automate system told me that the estimated hold time to speak with a live person was 3.5 hrs to 5.5 hrs. Never in my life have I ever heard of such a long wait for customer sevice hold time. I was gobsmacked jawdropping dumbfounded. 3.5 to 5.5 hrs of estimated hold time to speak with someone... anyone. Then I went online to try online chat. It said there were 134 visitors in line ahead of me. Again, completely flabbergasted. 

The saving grace for me is that there is an XM physical store near me. If I have to cancel the order, I could possibly go there for them to help. I did go into the store initially to try and buy the X Charge but of course they were out of the phone. 

Official Employee

There is an incredible demand for the LG X Charge. Currently the device is back ordered and the date for shipment is subject to change based on how quickly we can get them stocked in our warehouse. The device is out of stock but we have been assured future delivery from LG. when you purchase a back ordered device, you are committing to the purchase of the device with an associated line of service. We are working on getting these devices out as quickly as possible. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

ComcastKenF wrote:

There is an incredible demand for the LG X Charge. Currently the device is back ordered and the date for shipment is subject to change based on how quickly we can get them stocked in our warehouse. The device is out of stock but we have been assured future delivery from LG. when you purchase a back ordered device, you are committing to the purchase of the device with an associated line of service. We are working on getting these devices out as quickly as possible

Ok. I hope we, LG X Charger purchasers, will get our hands on them quickly. 

Frequent Visitor

My current cell service ends on 9/20 so I get it before then. I ordered it Sat and got an email Tuesday saying "We are preparing your order".
Contributor

I ordered two LG X Charge's early on the 13th. At that time they were backordered with delivery expected on 9/25. I have received emails on both of them saying We are Preparing Your Order. Both are listed on my Dashboard. If you are going to port your old number, I believe your old service needs to be active.

Official Employee
Moved: