Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

So wheres my Phone

Contributor

So wheres my Phone

I walk into a store Tuesday to order a Note 8 and im told is not in stock at the store but it can be ordered and delivered 10/12. Oh hey, thats today isnt it? I check the account online and check the order status and it confirms that delivery should be 10/12. Theres that date again. I call mobile support for a tracking number and guess what Im told? Nvm, ill tell you! My phone is on back order until 10/18. That 2 day delivery expectations are given no matter what, despite the lack of actual stock. That, its just the way their system works. So really XM, wheres my phone?
Problem Solver

Re: So wheres my Phone

elie2wins wrote:
I walk into a store Tuesday to order a Note 8 and im told is not in stock at the store but it can be ordered and delivered 10/12. Oh hey, thats today isnt it? I check the account online and check the order status and it confirms that delivery should be 10/12. Theres that date again. I call mobile support for a tracking number and guess what Im told? Nvm, ill tell you! My phone is on back order until 10/18. That 2 day delivery expectations are given no matter what, despite the lack of actual stock. That, its just the way their system works. So really XM, wheres my phone?

Yes they say they will do 2 day delivery, but what they really mean is they will ship it with 2 day delivery service. Their processing time (or out of stock) is not included. When I ordered my phone, I received confirmation email next day and charge on credit card, a week later I get the shipping email with tracking for 2 day fedex delivery.

Contributor

i understand 2 day delivery service.....BUT.... this is beyond that. The website says my phone is arriving today but noone can provide a tracking number

Problem Solver

elie2wins wrote:

i understand 2 day delivery service.....BUT.... this is beyond that. The website says my phone is arriving today but noone can provide a tracking number

Yea but if its back ordered, there's no way for them to give you a tracking number unless you want them to create a label now and hold it until more notes come in. Also, their website doesn't get updated with order status reliably.

Contributor

my true issue is that in true Xfinity fashion, the right hand does not know what the left is doing. Store reps and website says one thing but customer service says another

Contributor

So via Twitter, I've been referred to Tier 2 support to research why my account does not show an order placed for the device.

Via the local store the date for my phone is now Oct 18th.
Official Employee

elie2wins, I just responded to your private message. Your order has posted to your account but the shipping details have not posted yet. Please refer to our private messages for more details. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Phone is now on its way but now i want to cancel it and just get a x power so i can swap sims with it and my at&t note 8. 

Official Employee

elie2wins, We can't cancel an order once a phone ships. If you wish to replace the phone with an X power, a $35 restocking will apply. You can give us a call to begin the return process and place your order for the X power. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon