Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Should I keep my AT&T iPhone X or get a Verizon-compatible iPhone X?

Frequent Visitor

Should I keep my AT&T iPhone X or get a Verizon-compatible iPhone X?

Signed up for XM using BYOD with my unlocked AT&T iPhone X. Now having second thoughts after doing more research and learning that my phone is LTE only when on Verizon’s network. A big part of this switch for me was having access to Verizon’s network. I do a lot of traveling in my rural western state and I have noticed that others with Verizon nearly always have had better service than I had with AT&T. Now I am not so sure my AT&T iPhone will perform as well on this network.
Contributor

Re: Should I keep my AT&T iPhone X or get a Verizon-compatible iPhone X?

Ugh... you are not going through AT&T. Xfinity piggy-backs over Verizon network.. Modern phones have GSM/CDMA radios built-in, your unlocked at&t IS going through the Verizon network.
Frequent Visitor

I’ll try to explain myself a little better. The A1901 phone (the AT&T/T-mobile iPhone X) does not have CDMA technology. Basically my question is: how much of Verizon’s network is CDMA / 3G only? Or how will my experience with the network be affected by not having CDMA capability? For example, there have been a few instances in the last couple of days when I have not had service inside of a building but friends on Verizon have shown a couple bars of 3G.
Contributor

Wow, I just Google you A1901 and indeed it can't. OOOPS.