Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Service Results After a Month

Contributor

Service Results After a Month

This is not a question but more of a statement of the service. While there are people on here with issues the number of problems seems to be small compared to the number of people that are now using the service.

I made the switch from Verizon about six weeks ago which was about two days before the end of my Verizon billing cycle. I went to the Xfinity store (about a 25 mile drive) to make the switch as I was bringing my own devices, an iPhone SE and an iPhone 6S. The switch took about 20 minutes and in the process automatically removed the phones from my Verizon account.

The biggest issue that I had was WiFi calling was not working. No amount of address futzing would make the address validate. I needed WiFi calling for Europe. While traveling in Europe I use a SIM from a provider in Europe to avoid costly overseas data charges. Even signing up for the service using a US provider it is cheaper to get a SIM in Europe. I swap in my Verizon SIM when I need to call the US at no charge. I needed to do the same with my Xfinity SIM. Eventually after about two weeks Xfinity got WiFi calling working.

Over the course of the six weeks I have had the service I have not had any issues. Coverage is the same as Verizon and has worked in all the areas that I frequent. Some of the other providers had weak signals and terrible data thus my choice of Verizon. The signal and data with Xfinity has been the same as I had with Verizon.

I am using data by the gig as I don't really use a lot of data and am mostly on WiFi. That will change with an upcoming trip. With two phones my data would have to exceed 7 GB to make unlimited worth the cost. Thus I will probably stay with data by the gig.

My phone bill has dropped from about $85 a month with Verizon to $18 for my last monthly bill. The upcoming bill will be about $30 as I have exceeded 1 GB already in this billing cycle. Still a substantial savings over Verizon.

For those with Xfinity internet, and iPhones, using Verizon, I see no reason to not make the change to Xfinity wireless. Only downside is you have to visit a store to make the switch. If you are getting a new phone I would still recommend that a store visit be made. Still too many speed bumps in the online ordering system, especially if acquiring a new device. I would also highly recommend the you make certain all aspects of the phone be working before leaving the store. Calls, text, WiFi calling, and make certain that the Xfinity profile is installed on your device to allow connection to Xfinity hot spots.

Problem Solver

Re: Service Results After a Month

If you're considering briefly switching to unlimited, just be aware that you have to stay on unlimited for a two month minimum, so that changes the breakeven calculation.
Contributor

If you're considering briefly switching to unlimited, just be aware that you have to stay on unlimited for a two month minimum, so that changes the breakeven calculation.

Yes, I am aware of that. Not good in my opinion. I would like to be able to just go with unlimited for one month. A temporary change.

Or better yet is that the by the gig is still $12.00 a month but maxes out at the unlimited month boundary. Incentive would still be there to keep the usage low but you would know that the maximum you would pay would be $45.00 even if you were on the by the gig plan.

Contributor

What do you mean by Xfinity profile installed re your iPhones? App ?

Contributor

It is not an app as you would think of an app but a download from Xfinity that will install the profile. Confused?

Here is the link that explains how to get the profile.

Basically what it will do, after you provide credentials, is connect your phone to a Xfinity hotspot when one is detected. For example if I walk into a Xfinity store my phone automatically connects to the store's WiFi without me having to explicity connect. Many businesses are using Xfinity for their wireless. As long as Xfinity wireless is detected your phone will connect.

You can check for the presence of the profile by goin to SETTINGS -> GENERAL -> PROFILE. There you will find any installed profiles on your phone. You should see XFINITY PROFILE and can click on the profile to see the settings.

Contributor

I've had XM since last May, have 3 iphones on the system and none had the profile installed. Many thanks for spelling this out!

Frequent Visitor

This is my story. After trying to jump from ATT to xfinity and orders canceled automatically without any reason i ordered two lines without transfering my ATT numbers and that's the only way the orders went through. The nightmare just started. They send the iphones X, one received on March 21 and the second one received on March 22. On March 22, having both of the devices sealed we opened the boxes and starting to port each one. Only one number was activated cause the second phone was reported stolen by Xfinity Mobile before they sent it so it came unuseful. 6 days passed , calling 7 times a day and opening tons of ticket and escalating the issue to tier 2. Nobody did anything, so i went to the Kendall store in Miami. A guy tried to help me and wanted to give me another phone, but I was supposed to pay for another line, so he adviced me and told me to wait for another day to see if the tier 2 works in the iphone to make it avaliable in a white list because it was a mistake. So I waited another day. Two days ago, on MArch 28 went to the store in Kendall again , so a manager called Ronald as he told me, tried me like garbage and told me he could not give me any phone and I should order it online. I was really upset so he told me to leave the store cause i was talking too loud. 6 days waiting and this guy told me to calm down and he wouldnt do anything. I had to drive to another store in flagler, really far away from this one, so a very nice lady told me it could be the sim card. I went again to the store and this guy Ronald told me he did not have time to help me out, very arrogant. At the I went on the line and a representative called so they will finally send me another iphone and when it comes to my door it will have the sticker from fedex to return the unuseful one. Today have been 8 days , after I thought the problem was going to be fixed I order other 3 phones for my hole family. Today I was checking with fedex cause i did not see the packages were on the way home. Fedex told me Bernice Herbert, from Xfinity asked for the packages to go back to xfinity, once they are in Miami already. Talked to the number they ask to call, the xfinity mobil one, and the floor manager called Alberto, Agent 1627, he told me they don't know about it, that they are supposed to go to my house , even when i'm telling him that fedex told me twice xfinity mobile asked to come back. No i don't have the replacement they were supposed to give me for the one they sent in bad status. Now the order i did is back and they have already charged my card for 3 orders they dont send. Today is 8 days and I'm loosing the number from ATT because Xfinity Mobile is not able to deliver to a customer as they say they do. Today I feel so frustrated and I can't believe a company like this is able to operate in this country where there are so many companies trying to do well. I never recommend to have any kind of business with this company. Now they have my money for 5 phones and they have only sent one that works and after 8 days knowing about our situation they dont do anything to help us. Really bad company this one. Stay away from them. 

Contributor

Based on your rambling and confusing statements I would surmise that part of the problem is a language barrier. I also think you are causing a lot of your own problems with your lack of understanding and comprehension.

What your experience has to do with my experience is irrelevant. Do not try and hijack my post with your issues. Start your own post about your experience.

No company is perfect and Comcast/Xfinity is at the bottom of a lot of lists. My experience in the store porting numbers was excellent and as such it needs to be reported. I tried to move an iPhone SE that a friend gave, phone was not compatible. That had nothing to do with the people in the Knoxville TN store who were helpful.

I have not had any issues with the service other than the initial inability to enable WiFi calling, such issue being resolved.

Contributor

Makes sense. People without issues tend to not post in any forums. I had posted before about my issues with WiFi calling and thought it was only fair that I also report the resolution and my experience with the service.

While not an excuse, Xfinity came into the well established mobile phone circus late in the game relative to others. The learning, support, marketing and technology curve has to be significant. Why Xfinity decided to become a newcomer into an established field against established competitors is a decision made by propeller heads with business thinking that rises above mine. Speed bumps are to be expected and inevitable.

For every person that is complaining on here there are several hundreds without issues. I know of five other families on Xfinity mobile with no issues. How they migrated I don't know if was with new devices or porting existing devices. In my case I ported and it was effortless (sans WiFi calling, since resolved).

In my limited thinking the savings of $70 a month ($840 a year, the cost of a new device) more than outweighed a few minor problems. I could buy a new phone every two years, alternating years for the two phones I have, and still be money ahead over what I was paying Verizon. I will continue to recommend the service.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation