Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Samsung S9 Unlock problems

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Samsung S9 Unlock problems

we bought a brand new samsung s9 from comcast almost 2 months ago.  the phone is fully paid off and recently I had to go international travel and wanted to use a local sim card.  Called comcast and they sent me an unlock code.  when inserted a local sim card, the phone did ask for an unlock code and when I typed it in it gave me "incorrect network code error"  tried it almost 5 times with different carriers and it still gave me the same error. I have called in multiple times and keep getting the run around.  Once I was told I needed to contact Samsung directly.  when I contact samsung they said that the unlock codes are with the carriers.  The next time I mentioned an unfreeze code and the representative said se would escalate the problem to another team and I would hear back in 48 hours, a week later and I have heard nothing.  Today I called in and was told that they were unable to do anything on the phone.  I asked that the case be escalated and was told there was no way to do that either.  It was suggested that I simply respond to the email that I recieved with the unlock code (which just goes to support@xfinitymobile.com) to ask for help.  The rep said there was no way to help me on the phone and it had to go through the "internet side".  I called the internation support number and was told that is it possible that the phone just can't be unlocked.  When I asked if it was a law that phones that are fully paid off must be able to be unlocked I was laughed at.  Is xfinity mobile not subject to this?

All service providers who signed onto the CTIA Consumer Code for Wireless Service have fully implemented the standards on unlocking. Participants include all nationwide service providers, as well as a number of regional providers. Each participating provider has posted its unlocking policy on its company website and will respond to unlock requests.

I am pretty frustrated at this point as I am out $50 for a international SIM that I couldn't use.  I paid cash for the phone when I purchased it and have been with xfinity mobile.  If someone could help me out here I would appreciate it.

Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung S9 Unlock problems

maheshkabra44, I sent you the unfreeze code which will unlock your device. Post again if you need further assistance. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

maheshkabra44, I got your private message. I'll follow up with you there. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

maheshkabra44, I sent you the unfreeze code which will unlock your device. Post again if you need further assistance. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation