Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

S8+ came with chip and crack in the screen

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 8
Have had zero luck getting Xfinity to respond to the phone that came damaged upon receipt of delivery. This is so upsetting. The only thing they will talk to me about is upgrading my service. Go figure. We signed up for two lines both with S8+'s. One is completely cracked on one corner. How do you contact someone who even cares? We've only had it for less than two weeks.
7 REPLIES
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2 of 8

I suggest you contact Xfinity Mobile via their social media pages such as Facebook and Tweeter. In this forum, try to contact 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 8

Hello, Jenngilbert01. You have 30 days from activation, or 30 days from 7 days from shipment date (whichever comes first) to send the device back. You can find full details on how to return or exchange devices and accessories here. Please call us at (888) 936-4968 before mailing the device back to us to arrange the exchange.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 8
It says to call first. I've tried calling and just get put on hold or transferred to be put on hold. This has gone on for hours Everytime I call. All I want is a replacement phone. Not to cancel service. If I ship it back I have no phone until it's settled. Can they just ship one out and I send this other one back upon arrival? It also says no physical damage or water damage. But it was damaged upon receipt. How do I prove that? I'm just so frustrated that we even tried this service. I appreciate you getting back to me. Your the first one to respond. TBH it looks like it was a previously used phone that was broken. For $700 it shouldn't be. I just want to get this resolved without losing my service and having to pay for another phone or repairs. My plan with Sprint is up in two days. So I'll need to start using the broken one from then on out. The other phone we ordered was fine. Just one was damaged.
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 5 of 8

Yes, waiting for extremely long time when trying to contact XM supports via call or chat is what has kept me from calling them to fix my line that has no HD Voice option, even though the XM rep in this forum has advised me to do that.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 6 of 8
It won't let me set up voice either. I'm extremely disappointed in this mobile service so far. Makes me just want to go back to Verizon. I'm not happy with this customer service issue and receiving a damaged phone from the start.
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 7 of 8

Jenngilbert01 wrote:
It won't let me set up voice either. I'm extremely disappointed in this mobile service so far. Makes me just want to go back to Verizon. I'm not happy with this customer service issue and receiving a damaged phone from the start.

What errors did you get when you tried to set up Voicemail? I couldn't set up my voicemail when I ordered the line with the LG X-Power because the XM system somehow did not recognize the keys I dialed for the setup. But the problem was fixed now for my line. I didn't know what/how XM did it. Suddently, I tried again and it just worked.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 8

Instructions for how to set up and access your voicemail can be found here. Please keep me posted as to what error or issue you're encountering when trying to set up voicemail so I can try and find a work-around for you if necessary.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon