Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Returned phone, never credited

New Poster

Returned phone, never credited

I returned a phone that I have a fedex tracking number proving it was delivered on 9/5/17 to the return center in TX, but I never was refunded anything.  The phone still is on my account and I have even been charged another month's payment.  I have called 4 times already, about once every week.  At first they told me that it can take up to 10 days to process.  I waited, then called again to have them tell me that they can't do anything because the return center hasn't processed it yet.  So I wait another week and call again.  Every time I get another representative that knows absolutely nothing.  I am being charged every month for a phone I have returned OVER A MONTH AGO.  I even received an email 9/6/17 from xfinity mobile saying they have it and will "shortly" get back to me about my refund status.  Last week I called and I told the rep that I was most frustrated with the fact that no one at xfinity is held accountable and that if they don't resolve a problem that they should follow through and at least keep working with that customer.  She promised to give me a call back two days later because she was sure the return center needed just two more days before they could refund me.  Guess what, she never called back.  I called again just 3 days ago, that rep promised to have my issue escalated and that I would get a return call within 48 hours.  Never got that call either.  I really need help.  I am being forced to pay for a phone I returned a month ago and no one will help me.  I am so frustrated with xfinity mobile.  STAY AWAY FROM THEM!  However, I'm sure if your reading this it is already too late.

Contributor

Re: Returned phone, never credited

lawr0155,

If you are like me, you assumed the XFM rollout was soo successful- that they may have just been caught unprepared to meet the demand and the glitches inherent in any 'big new thing'. I like to give the benefit of the doubt and go in with a positive attitude, it's just healthier - but my small 1 verification - 2 keystroke maybe- to -fix a 'they overcharged me in error issue'  - after a month of not getting fixed but getting more complex and confused and now less likely to get fixxed due to 30 day guarantee window closing in  -  have taken me to different place. Normally mild mannered - very reasonable and forgiving never losing my temper typing into complaint forums kind of person - I'm now frankly crazed because I just cannot fathom that any company would treat their customers this way. It's been suggested that I call my ccard company and I may, but my fear honestly of that has to do with how much I need to rely on Xfinity for my broadband, home wifi devices, landline phone, and cable - I am afraid if my credit card co pulls the payment back ($486.66) that Xfinity might pull the plug to 'lien' on another service in error or on purpose. I now understand even better why monopolies are so dangerous.

Did you get an RMA before you sent these phones back in? This is what I am waiting on to return my phone, in the literature with the phone, it warns of needing to call in and get that RMA, but really only seems to be a backup confirmation of the return since our phones came with prepaid return labels that must certainly reference and link our names, account #'s date of purchase etc.They insist on you signing up with a credit card (for your own convenience of course) then getting an RMA number if you want out (which I cannot get from them with just days left on their return policy window) but they do have us all signed up and paid up with no way to get out now - without their assistance - with no recourse but to call and wait and chat and beg and come to this forum to confer and research but absolutely nothing makes a difference. 

sorry, like I said ..crazed .. for no reason they can't fix with a few keystrokes for a loyal customer. 

take good care during this stressful time, keep eating and deep breaths. It's not a hurricane,  although if it was, you'd wish you had a working mobile phone with a working number for when they restored service.

-ed26

Official Employee

lawr0155, typically refunds are processed within 15 days after we receive the device at the warehouse. Let's find out what happened here. Please private message me your account number, address and full name for help. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

"typically refunds are processed within 15 days after we receive the device at the warehouse."

LOL! That is only if the moon is blue on the third Wednesday of the month! They have done the same thing to a lot of us, I am still waiting to have the phone they double billed me for removed from my account since August! It keeps racking up charges.

Official Employee

pnast, I am stilling monitoring the ticket we have for you. It is being worked by our Tier 3 team now. I'll let you know when I have an update. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

It has been in tier 3 for quite some time now. I am on the phone now and the rep said the tier 2 clowns keep closing all the many tickets without fixing the problem!

Official Employee

Thanks for the update. Let's continue on your thread and leave this thread for lawr0155.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I had an RMA before I even mailed the phone. I did everything I was supposed to. The great news is they finally processed the return. The bad is that my wife's line that this phone was for was already using one of those LG X Charge phones we bought for $1. Once they finally got around to processing the phone return they shut off her line. Absolutely thoughtless company. We switched her SIM card to the new device and everything with a rep over the phone, who took notes of all this in my RMA. The day it officially processed my wife was taking my kids to daycare. I always get a call from her after she leaves there, I didn't that day so I called her. I got that disconnected line message and I was furious. My wife uses her phone for navigation with traffic every day. She barely knows how to get to work, and Xfinity is lucky she made it. I called them 4 times that day to get her line back on. Each of the first 3 reps promised a call back within 2 hours, I waited and never got a call. To this day I have never had a rep call back when they say they will. Finally the fourth actually says he can turn it back on and keep her number. The catch like Xfinity always has, he has to charge me $3.40. ONLY XFINITY CAN MESS SOMETHING UP, THEN WHEN THEY FINALLY FIX SOMETHING FIND A WAY TO CHARGE YOU MONEY FOR THEIR MESS UP. Anyways, everything is fixed now. My wife has her line working and I only lost $35 for the restocking fee, $3.40 for the line reactivation, and about 20 hours of holding and talking to customer service reps. Honestly I get the same great Verizon service I had before I moved to them for a third the cost. I just have nightmares about making any changes or needing customer service.
Regular Visitor

ITOTALLY UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION!! WHat is up with customer reps who don’t help you, instead rhey delegate it to someone else and then get hung up on! I recently spent hours and days, weeks , months to be treated like it just didn’t matter and/or they really don’t care and are incompetent ! I’ve been a loyal customer for over 10 ppl us years, yet every rep that’s says they will definitely help fail to do so or I’m constantly getting disconnected where they won’t call you.. I finally said to please take notes, and take my number to call me back! So FRUSTRATING! I’ve been thinking about changing from ATT because I’ve been with them for mobile for qo plus years as well,but I feel that I’m wasting so much time reiterating what I’m calling about and no one takes any notes so I don’t have to stay on phone all day long! And they also say they will send me to loyal department for loyal customers, but didn’t help either!! I said I’m done w/ATT. Took me 10 years of being loyal and i was attacked and beat up while going to my car and stole my purse with car keys, house keys and phone too and ATT didn’t give me a phone for over a week, but everyone dropped the ball. That’s when I said I had enough! I was hoping xfinity Mobile was better, I know they are new and trying to get it together, but I need to save money and no one even cared that I was left for dead in middle of the road beat up w/concussion, cuts and contusions and Fractured ribs! Thank God for a Good Samaritan that helped pick me up off the road before I got run over by oncoming cars! Sorry for letting me share. Trying to get my accounts back in order but people these days have no compassion and shouldn’t be a customer rep. If we get hung up on, no return calls and w/Comcast it was the same way... I felt like I worked for Comcast and ATT because I would be on phone all day until the customer service dept. would close@ 9pm and get up next morning to call and go through the run around again! UGHHHH!! I was soo hoping xfinity mobile would get it together and work out the kinks cuz I know their new. Saving money is what I need especially since I’m responsible for 4 lines, and one for my Father whip had a stroke 92 years young, my Moms phone she’s 82 and my daughter who suffers from cardiac arrhythmia and I’m there lifeline and they live hours away from me and my daughter was abroad when this took place and no one could get ahold of me and visa/versa. Sorry Soo long... I’m a newbieSmiley Sad. Thank you and God Bless!
Regular Visitor

They need better training instead of hanging up, make promises that are never kept and I totally agree that when it comes to the reps... it’s very frustrating, I mean I could do their job! Need to find another profession or Comcast and ATT need to hire, train reps especially on new apps, etc. that their putting out there! They should give you more than the credit they owe you, but xtra credit for the inconvenience!! I mean really we should be the ones getting paid since we’re on the phones all day/s, weeks, etc. we’re doing all the work for them.. I mean really .. you never get same rep, they hang up on you and don’t call back and it’s stressful ! My blood pressure and stress level is overwhelming when it comes to having to call customer service for help!!! Managers and SUPERVISORS should be held accountable too! It’s just TOO MUCH!!
Frequent Visitor

The saying goes.. if it’s too good to be true, it probably is..

Sadly you end up getting what you paid for.
I’m going on 23 days without phones I ordered and was already billed and no one at Comcast knows why this happened and where my phones are. They have no way to track inventory in their database with the warehouse for what the online website says and what the sales reps sale to people. I’m so ready to cancel and just stick to a provider who has experience with cell phones. Sure it might cost me more with a different carrier but in the long run atleast I would get help when needed.
Official Employee

lawr0155, apologies for that experience, but I am glad you were able to get her line back up and running. 

Dfp328 and Nemo-lives-- I see you all have seperate threads... I will assist there. 

KenF

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Same problem here.  Hate I read this after I purchased $1,700 worth of phones.