Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Return device nightmare

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Return device nightmare

I seem to be unable to resolve a return. The "short" story is I ordered two iPhone X's in late November (the 19th). At the time they were not in stock but showed a delivery date in the first part of December. I had to order each device seperately because their system requires a backordered item to be ordered by itself (no other items can be on the same order). I received the first iPhone X December 6 and activated it within a few days. The second iPhone X was received December 11 and was not activated. After a few days use of the first iPhone X, we made the decision that we were not going to keep them. On December 16 I called into customer service and obtained a RMA for each iPhone. I sent the devices back in their original packaging along with the RMA documentation. I tracked their shipment and delivery through FedEx. The devices arrived seperately, one on Dec 21 and the other on Dec 22. On Dec 23 I received an email acknowledging receipt and it stated I would receive an additional email when the devices were checked in and inspected, that never happened. On January 4th I began calling to find out when I would be credited for the return and have the devices removed from my account. Initially I was told that they (Xfinity) were waiting for me to return the devices. When I confirmed that they had been sent and that I had proof of delivery, the matter was escalated to "Teir 2" and I would get a call from them within 24 hours. Of course that never happened. I called again on Jan 8 only to be told give them 24 more hours to resolve the issue. I called again on Jan 10 and went through the same explanations and referral to "Teir 2". On Jan 12 a return was processed and "one" credit was issued for "one" device on "one" of my orders - I had two orders, two devices, two RMA and two devices returned. So I call again on Jan 12 and again escalated to "Teir 2". Call again on Jan 15 and twice on Jan 17th. Still no resolution, they still have not acknowledged, credited me or reflected the second return. I have asked to speak with a supervisor or manager only to be told they are not available. I ask to have a supervisor or manager call me only to be told that they cannot call out. I've been told that someone from "Teir 2" will call me in 24 hours so many times it makes my head spin and oddly enough while they are allowed to call out (unlike customer service) they never do, you (the customer) cannot call them. That makes for a very customer unfriendly service experience. I'm beginning to believe that the black hole referred to as "Teir 2" does not exist or if it does it's in Shangrilah inhabited by unicorns. I'm stuck in a customer service bootloop where every other day I call, explain the entire story over and over, only to be told it will be escated to "Teir 2", then in a few days rinse and repeat. I have been given four ticket numbers beginning with the orginal RMA to date and still cannot get this fixed. Why is this so hard? I already have a career and work a full-time job, I don't need a second one spending all day calling Xfinity Mobile to correct what is a simple return. Any suggestions from the forum?

Accepted Solution

Re: Return device nightmare

mchunter78 thanks for updating me in private message and I'm glad this has been resolved. Post again if you need anything else. 

View answer in context
Regular Contributor

it  can  take  up too 30 days or more  for your  refund   please keep in mind you may  get charged  a C stock  grade    once they  get done looking  at your phones   all so you need too make turn  that  find my iphone is turn off  other wise they  wont be  able  too do a return or  refund   i hop you  took photos of the  phone  and more  be for you return them then that  way if you have any issue  with the  return  you have proof  on what  the phones  look like 

good luck 

Regular Visitor

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure what a C stock grade means but both returned devices were essentially new. The one device, which I have received credit for, was activated and used for only a few days and always in a protective case. All accounts were signed out, find my iPhone turned off and completely reset prior to return. The other iPhone was never activated, never used and never even turned on. It is this device that Xfinity has not acknowledged the return on. It remains on my account and I continue to be charged monthly installments. I did, as you suggested, take several photographs of the devices along with all the included components, packaging and assorted documents prior to shipping. I have all the tracking history including proof of delivery from FedEx which clearly shows receipt by Xfinity in Fort Worth. What I do not have at this point is any acknowledgement by Xfinity that they have even received the device nor or  any effort on their part to credit my account or remove the device from my account since being returned. This has been a very frustrating experience and the customer service agents that I am able to reach by phone are unable to correct the problem. I'm always referred to Teir 2 and told I'll get a call back which never occurs.

Regular Contributor

hi 

C  stock grade mean damge  return fee   once you get your refund   i would  call back in  a few time and make  sure    they get the phones re moved  from your account  thats what i had too do 

Official Employee

mchunter78, I can check on the status of your return. Please send me a private message with your full name, residential account number and address for help.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

MChunter, the same thing happened to me.  The grading company who inspected my exchanged phone said that they got a "flash failure" when they ran a code, and comcast charged me over $1000 (full price) for that phone and said they wouldn't even send the phone back to me so I can verify.  This "flash failure" is a lie and completely ridiculous, I never "flashed" my phone.  It is exactly the way I had gotten it new from the factory! 

The grading company is a bunch of liars who will do anything to put your exchanged phone into cStock and charge you an incredible amount of money for it.  I don't know why Xfinity doesn't fire this company and get a reliable one!!  There are dozens of stories just like ours on here....I would think eventually Xfinity would wake up and choose another company to inspect the phones!!

So you are not alone at all in this.....we are all going through a nightmare (I have lost sleep over this myself).

Official Employee

jpildis, as I mentioned in our private thread, the failed flash function means the warehouse was unable to flash the device (for whatever reason). Usually this happens because the device is jail broken or rooted, but it's not always the case. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Ken, I am writing my experience to another person who is having a lot of trouble with their return, just like I did.  I was charged over $1,020 without notification beforehand, and it took me hours talking to multiple people to even open a ticket up, getting flat out wrong information in the process. 

I didn't think it was a problem to share my story.

I am sending you another PM. 

Official Employee

Ken, I am writing my experience to another person who is having a lot of trouble with their return, just like I did.  I was charged over $1,020 without notification beforehand, and it took me hours talking to multiple people to even open a ticket up, getting flat out wrong information in the process. 

I didn't think it was a problem to share my story.

I am sending you another PM. 

No problem, jpildis. I was just responding to your post. Might be useful info for someone else, you never know Smiley Happy 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

mchunter78 thanks for updating me in private message and I'm glad this has been resolved. Post again if you need anything else. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation