Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Requested iPhone Unlock Codes 20+ days ago, a few Urgent Priority tickets created, still no codes...

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 7

I have been patient for 20 days, and I just can't do it anymore...

I purchased two iPhone 7+ Red 256GB phones which arrived around June 10th. I activated them that same day on the phone with customer service and requested the unlock codes and they created a ticket and pushed it up to Tier 2 CS rep to retrieve those codes for me.

I've been checking every day since the 18th of June via chat as well as phone support to remind them/whatever to get me the unlock codes, and to this day I still do not have them.

Here's a chat transcript from the 22nd of June telling me it should only take 2-3 business days to get the unlock codes:

(12:31:07) Luis: Hello and thank you for contacting XFINITY Mobile. My name is Luis. I would be happy to assist you today!
(12:31:13) ERIC: I requested help for unlocking the two iPhones on my account so I can insert another sim card while I travel, and you guys had to upgrade the ticket to a tier 2 tech or something to do this and I haven't heard back from anyone, I was hoping you could look into it for me. The ticket number is: 827420
(12:32:20) Luis: Ok let me look into that for you. Just a second.
(12:32:23) ERIC: thanks
(12:37:02) Luis: Looking into the ticket I see that they are still working on it. The process is once we send the ticket to Tier 2 they reach out to Apple for the codes. We need to wait for Apple to respond.
(12:37:33) ERIC: okay, any idea how long that usually takes?
(12:39:21) Luis: It can take 2-3 business days.

(12:39:47) ERIC: ok thank you

Now it's July 1st, and I just spoke with CS again on the phone and they said the request is still pending. This time around, the rep told me that they aren't able to connect with a Tier 2 CS rep themselves and I just need to check back day by day to see if the tickets have been updated with the codes or whatever. And that's total BS because a couple days ago I was on the phone with a rep and they were contacting Tier 2 CS for me to see what was going on - they got put on hold as well, and they were going to call me back once they spoke with Tier 2 CS, but of course nobody ever called me back.

One day I even had a rep tell me that Tier 2 CS can't get these codes for me and it has to be Tier 3 CS to do it. I was already starting to get frustrated with all this as is, and this comment they made really indicates that the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing - I mean what's going on behind the scenes @ Xfinity Mobile right now...

It's been 20+ days since I requested the unlock codes for two $970 phones and I still do not have them, even after bugging CS multiple times a day, ever since. I need to use these devices while traveling and there is absolutely NO excuse for it to take this long to get me two freaking unlock codes.

I've been patient and polite and understanding of the fact that they are new to this but this is just absolute BS. I don't know how else to put it.

Sigh...

6 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 7

xydrine wrote:

I've been patient and polite and understanding of the fact that they are new to this but this is just absolute BS. I don't know how else to put it.

Sigh...

My thoughts exactly...  Smiley Sad

Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 7

<Edited for violating forum guidelines>

Share story here.

The T1, T2 have no clue on how to submit an unclock request.

Make sure to request your ticket number once the unlock request is done. It took me 3 requests to get it right.

Once the ticket number is issued, it will take 48-72hrs.

One really annoying think is you have to leave your XFM Sim inside the phone you want to unlock. First time I've heard this btw.

XFM wants to make sure that the phone they will unlock is associated with the SIM.

I seriously cannot wait for the BYOD kit.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 4 of 7

Tpx_Follower, did you get your devices unlocked? I've submitted a ticket to unlock two my iPhones on 7/15, called them again on 7/18 and was able to get to T2 support person who informed me that ticket needs to be escalated to T3 which she did (or at least I was told she did). Still nothing. My 30 days period ends soon, if they won't get it compelted by then, I'm switching back to AT&T. If anyone from Xmobile monitors this forum, my ticket # 1191228.

-albertr

Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 7

I've called Xmibile and was told that according to notes on the ticket my two IPhone's were unlocked on 7/19.  I tested them with a foreign SIM card, and they accepted it, so they were in fact unlocked. I've never got any emails from Xmobile, but I got a telephone call from "Unknown" number with automated recording that mu Xmobile ticket was resolved. The recording didn't mention the ticket number, and since I had a few prior tickets with Xmobile opened, I've just ignored it.

So from my experience (hopefully it will be helpful to someone):

1. It looks like Tier1 support might not be sufficientrly trained on how to process unlock requests. They opened a ticket and escalated it to Tier2 support, but it was sitting in Tier2 queue and nobody picked it up.

2. When submitting unlock request, don't go to Tier1 support, instead ask to speak  to Tier2 support. Tier2 support will open a ticket and escalate it to Tier3 support. Tier3 support will contact Apple to handle to request.

3. When getting a call from "Unknown" number with recording that your Xmobile ticket was resolved, that might be the unlock request went thru. I asked to send me an email when unlock request was processed, but never got it.

Good luck with unlocking your devices! It took me four days, but could be quicker should I contact Tier2 support in the first place.

-albertr

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 7
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 7

xydrine, have your phones been unlocked yet?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon