Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Refund Nightmare

New Poster

Refund Nightmare

I ordered the iPhone X and constantly had problems with dropped calls and bad reception (I also have a 7 plus which had no reception problems or dropped calls). I contacted xfinity mobile customer care to return the phone. They gave me an RMA number so I boxed up the phone and sent it back. After about a week and numerous calls to customer care, they charged my credit card $290.45 without ever notifying me. Their reason: the phone was graded a C. What they didn’t realize was that I took pics of the phone and actually made a video of the phone being packaged. I put my initials on the tape to make sure it wasn’t broken and I took pics of the box being dropped off at Fed Ex. Their mobile customer care is a joke. I had to contact customer care for internet in order to get an agent from mobile that actually spoke English. I was issued a refund of $373.40 that failed and when I called to find out why, they told me that was supposed to be a charge not a refund even though the agent that issued the credit told me it was a refund. To make a long story short, I’m still waiting on the pics they supposedly took of the phone and I’m still waiting on a call from the elusive tier 2 department.
Advice for anyone returning a phone. Make sure you take pics or better yet make a video of the phone you send back. They will cheat you out of your money.
Official Employee

Re: Refund Nightmare

EJ_322, let's see why your device was graded a C Stock. Please private message me your account number, address and full name for help. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

I bough iphone 7s+ from them for $27.92 for 24 months.

Gave it to my wife, she used it and didnt like Iphone so we returned it (used the fedex lable it came with) and in the best condition ever (literally as good as new - no scratches etc) and today i see a charge of $308 on my card.

When i called they gave the regular bs like you have mentioned. 

1st person said there is a water or steam damage - i asked where she was getting the info from and she said from her supervisor so i asked to speak to the supervisor and all of a sudden supervisor went on a conf call.

I called back, spoke to another person who said the grade C stuff.. i really think they are scamming people because they returned the phone and getting rid of xfinity mobile. 

I cant believe i have been charged $300+ for just testing out the phone and that too within their said 30 days return policy.

They said they have created a work order for me so their tier 2 can investigateand get back to me in 3 business days!!!! 

I dont believe a single thing their support says, they are all absolutely useless.

THERE IS NO DAMAGE OR A SINGLE SCRATCH ON THE PHONE.

Official Employee

Hi Ej_322, I am following up for Ken as he is currently out of the office.  We can review this further for you can you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon