Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: WiFi calling frequent drops and call failed issues

Regular Visitor

I can't answer any calls on my iPhone 6s – either on wifi or cellular. I'm talking 100% call failure no matter what. My iOS is up to date, my carrier settings are up to date and I've re-started my phone umpteen times. 

Official Employee

angrystarfish, can you see the XFINITY Mobile network name at the top of your screen? 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Yes. I have your gigabit internet and it doesn't matter the signal strength. This started about 3 weeks ago. 

Frequent Visitor

Comcast is sending me a new SIM too (as of yesterday).  I will say today, I turned off cellular, and ONLY had WiFi on (iPhone 7, iOS 11.4, and carrier 32.1) - and my call dropped down (not moving around).  I have FULL bars for WiFi, but only 1 out of 5 for cellular (still shows when disabled).  And, the phone does bounce between Xfinity Mobile and XM Wi-Fi.

Official Employee

angrystarfish, please send me a private message so I can take a look. Include your full name, phone number and your device's IMEI. 

vds86, let us know if the new sim works for you. 

KenF

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

I too experience quite a few dropped calls on my iPhone 7+; mostly on incoming calls.  The other day, all of my incoming calls were straight going to the voicemail.  If it made through, it will ring but the moment I hit the answer button,  it will turn to "call/system failure".  I had to reboot the phone to make it to work (at least it wasnt going to the VM).  Even today the "system failure" happened for an incoming call.  But I was able to call back immediately.  So dont think this a network issue.  Something else is going on.

Frequent Visitor

Wondering if this has anything to do with the cell-WIFI switching algorithm. Republic Wireless, the Grandaddy of WIFI calling is known to do this seamlessly as you roam.  U standing still, there should be no prob whatsoever.  By signal strength am guessing you mean celullar signal, which in a WIFI call shouldn't matter because it's going through broadband.

p.s.: At the risk of sounding like Mr. Obvious, sometimes saturation of Internet + WIFI bandwidths need attention, up-BW just as important as down-BW, and if this is possibility then your router(S) need to have some version of QOS capability so VOIP are allowed through and not get stuck.

Regular Visitor

I tried to send you a private message and got this peach of a message:

"You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

It's the only private message I've ever tried to send. So apparently the limit is zero.

Official Employee

I tried to send you a private message and got this peach of a message:

"You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

It's the only private message I've ever tried to send. So apparently the limit is zero.

angrystarfish, I'm not sure what that was about but I actually got your private message. I'll follow up there. 

KenF

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation