Community Forum

Re: WiFi Calling address validation failure

New Poster

I am facing the same issue.
Any guidance? Thanks!
Official Employee

Lu2016, please try inputting the e-911 address in another physical location. For example, if you tried it at home, try it again at the grocery store or at the gym etc. Also try enabling WiFi preferred while roaming. 

Regular Visitor

I just got xfinity mobile and am getting the same error. Please assist
New Poster

Same here. Based on research this is a carrier issue and not an iPhone issue. It appears that Xfinity Mobile rollout is half baked.
Regular Visitor

Still getting the same error. Could someone from xfinity pleas respond
Official Employee

Hi all, have you tried ComcastKenF suggestion above?  Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues.

Thank you 

Frequent Visitor

I have tried all of those suggestions plus anything else I can think of. Have had a help ticket submitted and escalated to “tier two” for days. Keep calling back once per day with no progress. If I can’t get this feature turned on I am going to leave the service. Simply cannot function without Wi-Fi calling since my office is in a basement. This was one of my main requirements when switching to XM.
Regular Visitor

I have tried all of that and more and still getting the error
Frequent Visitor

My issue setting up Wi-Fi calling now seems to be resolved. I tried to set it up again this morning and it finally worked. My Tier 2 ticket must have received some attention, but I never received a call. Still need to try to activate Wi-Fi calling on my other two lines. I verified my own was working by making a few calls over Wi-Fi. All good.
Regular Visitor

I just tried again and it worked for me too
Frequent Visitor

One more piece to this mysterious puzzle - I’m not sure if anybody is actually working the problem on the back end. I’ve had the capability all day and just received a call from an individual in Tier 2 support who was ready to help me troubleshoot Wi-Fi calling and get it turned on. She was pleasantly surprised to hear it was working. The actual solution to this problem remains a mystery.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi mpb2, thank you for the update, and glad to hear this issue is now resolved for you.  Please let us know if you need assistance in the future.

Thank you 

New Poster

My issue was raised to tier 2 support a few days ago and now it works.