Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Switching from VERIZON to xfinity cell service

New Poster

Careful, I'm having issues, they say its only $12 a month for 1 GB of service but my phone appears to choose the LTE service over the wi-fi service so your data gets zapped very fast even if you always have wi-fi service. They probably do this so that you will buy more data. 

Contributor

Careful, I'm having issues, they say its only $12 a month for 1 GB of service but my phone appears to choose the LTE service over the wi-fi service so your data gets zapped very fast even if you always have wi-fi service. They probably do this so that you will buy more data. 

I do not have that issue on either one of my devices. The devices always choose WiFi for known networks, then WiFi calling if the signal and ping times are good enough for voice. Any time I am within range of an Xfinity hotspot the phone will chose WiFi instead of LTE.

Make certain you have the Xfinity profile installed on your device if the device is an iPhone. The instructions for installing are easily found on the web. For Android do whatever is necessary.

Even when I was with Verizon my data for both phones was always unders 2 gig a month. Same is holding firm for Xfinity. I see no conspiracy on the part of Xfinity to prioritize LTE over known WiFi networks and Xfinity hotspots.

If you have an iPhone a forced restart may be needed. If that does not work a restore of IOS after first backing up your phone. Last line option would be a DFU restore of the phone. If you have Android a reinstall of Android my be a viable option.

Official Employee

IraSav, 

rayt435 give good advice. You also have the option of disabling your cellular data altogether and use Wifi primarily. I would reboot your phone again though, and try to establish wifi as a priority in your wifi settings. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation