Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: I did not place this xfinity mobile order

New Poster

I got six emails from Xfinity Mobile tonight saying I placed five different orders.  I've never had any interaction with Xfinity Mobile, and did not place any orders.  I have Xfinity TV and Internet, that's it.  

I'm now on hold (75 minutes and waiting), this is the THIRD call I've placed tonight, and still haven't spoken to anyone that can give me any answers.  The number they told me to call was 1-844-963-0011.  Still waiting.....The interesting thing I did find on this third call is there is actually a prompt for "If you received an email for an order you didn't place, press 1", so it must be happening a lot if they've loaded a button for it.

This looks like a class-action lawsuit waiting to happen.  At first I thought it was a scam, but no, IT'S REALLY COMING FROM XFINITY!  Any class-action lawyers out there?  I'm your lead plaintiff!  I've saved all the emails.  You can reach me at <forums violations>

Official Employee

schulzeric,we take these matters very seriously. Please go to www.xfinity.com/fraudclaimform to submit a claim or call the Customer Security Assurance ID Theft team at 844-335-8719 as soon as possible. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I recevied these same email.  3 new accounts within 10 minutes, and it texted my cell phone at the same time.  I am trying to figure out if it is a phishing email.

Email is from support@xfinitymobile.com.  Is this a legitimate xfinity email?  xfinitymobile auto forwards to xfinity.com/mobile, which is xfinity's site, but I cannot tell if the theives auto fw the url so that when I try to check it looks legit.  Every single url from the email (ther are 6, includnig service agreement, chat link, contact info, etc.) link through an extremely lengthy URL that does at somepoint use a comcast.net domain.  Is comcast.net a legitimate xfinity related domain (who uses the .net domain??).

Email says to call (888) 936-4968.  Is this a legit xfinity number?  When I call I am redirected to call (844) 963-0011.  Is this a legit xfinity number?  Both of these numbers brought me to this forum when googling, but still I cannot prove that they are legit xfinity numbers.  

The first number was automated and finally got to a person that sounded like they fielded my call in a busy office.  It was not professional.  When they gave me another number to call (844-963-0011) instead of redirecting me, it also seemed unprofessional, but I called anyway.  The 0011 number was even less professional, but the initial prompt did ask me to press 1 if I had an account created that was not authorized.  WHen I got to a person the first time it was an absolutely clueless person that hung up on me trying to connect me to someone that could help (after I called and hit the prompt telling them exactly what I was calling about).  Also sounded like she was outside.  I called back and got another person that was much more helpful and almost sounded professional.  Every single contact (three different people among several phone numbers) was not American.  

Basically, it is so unprofessionally it screams of phishing, but it is also a very well done phishing exercise and I am most confused that they did my email and texted my cell phone.  I would ahve probably ignored the whole thing as phishing if it didn't also text my cell the three order confirmations at the same time it sent my email.  I have never had that happen in a scam.

I want to get the above questions answered, as the fact that this forum gave me a hit on google and did not say anything about it being a phishing attempt also contributing to me calling the number and giving them additional information (my street address).  I am regretting it now.

Official Employee

jinternet, those are legitimate XFINITY Mobile numbers and email address. 

We take these matters very seriously. Please go to www.xfinity.com/fraudclaimform to submit a claim or call the Customer Security Assurance ID Theft team at 844-335-8719 as soon as possible.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon