Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Credit check

New Poster

I was on the phone for an hour last night. I lock my credit reports down. It's a cost every time I open them. But I like being secure. I don't finance much. But when Comcast offered BYOD I thought great!. All I'm paying for its data and already have service. Go to the store, credit check... Ummmmmmmmmmm for what? 2 GB of data? Really? I totally get it if I'm buying phones. But for BYOD customers that's just stupid. Take a inquiry for THAT? STUPID BUSINESS model Comcast.
Official Employee

RobertVol, a credit check is required to start service regardless of how the phone is added to the account (BYOD or purchase). 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

ComcastKenF....if you are a current internet/tv customer and opt to purchase a phone thru the xfinity mobile program will a credit check be ran again?

Lin

Official Employee

Lindak888 wrote: ComcastKenF....if you are a current internet/tv customer and opt to purchase a phone thru the xfinity mobile program will a credit check be ran again? Lin

You must have Comcast internet to sign up for Xfinity Mobile, and a credit check may be required for some customers but not all. If we need to gather this information we will ask before performing the credit check. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Tags (1)
New Poster

You missed the point. I understood whether you brought your own phone or not it's a credit check. The point is hard credit checks for data on a phone brought by the consumer is no risk when the consumer is ALREADY A comcast customer with high speed internet. 2gb of data with no risk of needing to recover any hardware and adding hard pulls on someone's credit is still a stupid pricing model.
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation