Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Adding unlocked iPhone to xfinity account Is a major headache. Support was no help.

New Poster

Re: Adding unlocked iPhone to xfinity account Is a major headache. Support was no help.

OK after reading all the posts I am still wondering about my phone. I have an iPhone 7 Plus which I purchased from Apple. My current Carrier is AT&T. I have no contract with them. Is my phone therefore compatible? If not why not. What if I switched my provider to Verizon first? Would it be compatible with Xfinity.mobile then?
Official Employee

CelticChica, 

Good question. The iPhone 7 Plus from ATT isn't compatible, but since you got it from Apple, this may not be the case. The best option would be to go to a store and have them confirm the IMEI in person.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks I’ll do that! Everyone was assuming that my phone wouldn’t work with Verizon because my current provider is AT&T but it’s good to know I can find out for sure.

Contributor

If you bought your iPhone from the Apple store or Apple direct than it is a CDMA And GSM compatible iPhone. That means it should work on the Verizon/Xfinity CDMA network. The iPhones you buy from T-Mobile or ATT are GSM only.
New Poster

That is so good to know. Whoever is in charge of Xfinity mobile should change the drop down menu on the site page that tells you whether or not your phone is compatible. Because when I selected my provider as AT&T, it said my 7plus iPhone phone was incompatible even though I bought it from Apple. Where you bought it is the more pertinent question. You may have just added a customer to Xfinity mobile! Ask for a raise. Or at least a finders fee. 

Official Employee
Moved:

Contributor

I told them at the store it's an iPhone 7 Plus purchased by me UNLOCKED from Apple - and they still asked about the carrier.  I said all that the carrier TMobile did was send us a SIM card for a legacy (call and text only) prepaid account.  The reply was still NOPE it won't work -- .  You can't really blame them, for years, their expertise and specialty has been the other XFINITY products.  Mobile is new to them and they'll get up to speed eventually.  This stuff is not that simple.  I wish though that they were a little more humble and less definitive in their responses.  In the meanwhile we purchased an SE from them that we plan to sell and replace with our old 7 Plus. 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation