Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Questions about Xfinity Mobile BankAmeriDeal

Contributor

Questions about Xfinity Mobile BankAmeriDeal

Hi.  I bought an iPhone at an Xfinity Store on Feb 23, and activated the next day,  so I am expecting to get the $200 Visa prepaid card later.

I bought the phone with a credit card, but then changed to a different bank's (Bank of America) card for the monthly service autopay going forward.   Shortly after doing that, I coincidentally saw that my Bank of America card is offering a "BankAmeriDeal" where I get $50 back if I use the card with Xfinity Mobile.  Specifically, it says, "Must make two separate transactions with Xfinity Mobile on the card associated with this offer by 6/13/2018."

My questions are (1) Will the charge to my Bank of America card for the first service month (ending March 23) count toward this deal, since my pay-as-you-go plan data usage was under 100mb and thus I was charged only fees and taxes for that month (I forget the exact amount...I think it was about $4)?  While my April 23 bill will definitely include at least $12 in usage, it is quite possible the May 23 bill will be back to charging solely fees+taxes.

I spoke to a Bank of America CSR about this, and wasn't confident in her answer that fees+taxes only wouldn't count as a transaction, especially since their FAQ (general, not just for the Xfinity Mobile deal) explicity states that taxes *do* count toward minimum-purchase requirements for deals that have them.  And also, to me the XM BankAmeriDeal sounds more like a "keep the service and keep using the card to pay it" kind of offer rather than minimum-spend.

OTOH, if she's right, I'm obviously better off (to the tune of $50-$12=$38) purposely ensuring I use over 100mb data in the month ending May 23.  Finally, as another little wrinkle, will my IPhone Visa-Card promo violate the "cannot be combined with other offers" disclaimer attached to the BankAmeriDeal (even though the iPhone was purchased with a card from a different bank)?

Thanks.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation