Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Problem with port in

New Poster

Problem with port in

So I got the Iphone X more than a week ago. I Have tried to port in my number from T mobile and there is always an error. I have called multiple times to get the issue fixed. Finally I found out that the reason for the error was because T Mobile would not let it go. After resolving that issue with T mobile I re do the porting process through the phone with xfinifty. I gave the man, who was helping me with the process, the t mobile account and pin number. After that He said that its been successful and the phone had been activated with the port in. Finally i was happy the issue was solved only to realize that the man did not do the port in but instead activated the phone with a complete new number. I have called multiple times now about that mistake to only be told that because the phone has been activated with a new number my number from t mobile can no longer be port in. I am very frustrated because that is not at all what i asked and wanted. All They can say is that the problem will go to higher tier-2 and i would get a call back soon but at this point I have no hope of getting a call back because its not the first time the issue has gone to higher tier and i never received a call from them. All I want to know if this problem can be fixed, if not ill just return the phone and look for a different carrier.
Official Employee

Re: Problem with port in

Ortiz1178, what we'd be looking at doing is a deferred port. And this when we port a number over a number that has already been activated. These aren't garuanteed, but I've seen a few be successful. Let's check out the status of the port. Please send me a private message with your full name and the phone number associated with your residential account for help.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation