Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Problem on unlocking my new iphone from xfinity mobile

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Problem on unlocking my new iphone from xfinity mobile

I sent a request via email with ticket #19419501, and was replied disqualified. The reason is "the device(s) have not completed one full billing cycle with XFINITY Mobile." After I replied and agrgued "The rule is "You must have paid for at least one month of Xfinity Mobile service. " The subject is me but not the phone. I have paid for several cycles.", I have not received any response. Then I chatted with an agent. He told me when I finish a bill cycle on 4/4, I can request again. He give me another  ticket #19525329. I sent the request again to xfinitymobile_unlocks@comcast.com. However, after 2 bussiness days, I received nothing. I don’t know if it’s my argument that offended the customer service so much that I’ll never get a reply.

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem on unlocking my new iphone from xfinity mobile

Sorry we couldn't get your phone unlocked in time, ddsvalor. Remember, when calling overseas using wiFi calling, it doesn't count as an international call rate. Post again if you need anything else. When you’re traveling internationally, you may want to make sure you’re only using WiFi to avoid International Long Distance charges. To ensure you are only making WiFi calls, place your phone in airplane mode and check that WiFi is turned on. If you're on airplane mode, a WiFi call will drop once you're out of reach of WiFi.

check out: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/360000126366/what-is-wifi-calling

View answer in context
Official Employee

ddsvalor, got your private message. Will follow up with you there. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Sorry we couldn't get your phone unlocked in time, ddsvalor. Remember, when calling overseas using wiFi calling, it doesn't count as an international call rate. Post again if you need anything else. When you’re traveling internationally, you may want to make sure you’re only using WiFi to avoid International Long Distance charges. To ensure you are only making WiFi calls, place your phone in airplane mode and check that WiFi is turned on. If you're on airplane mode, a WiFi call will drop once you're out of reach of WiFi.

check out: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/360000126366/what-is-wifi-calling

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation