Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Order Verification Processing time?

Frequent Visitor

Order Verification Processing time?

I placed an order for an iPhone yesterday morning. I received an email titled "more info needed for your order", asking me to upload an image of my drivers license and a utility bill. I have not yet heard anything back - and in my account I cannot find anywhere that displays an order status, and Xfinity does not include an order status link to check on it in the confirmation email. 

Reading through the threads here about this "Tier 2" department does not sound promising. Is there a standard period of time for processing after submitting the info? Is there somewhere on my dashboard that shows me the order status? How long should I wait with no reply until I consider the order cancelled/lost/abandoned...etc. Again, reading the threads here it seems once this situation happens - even if you give the info asked for - your order never fulfills. 

Any feedback would be helpful - and anyone who has done the same that has a timeframe of how this plays out would be great!

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Order Verification Processing time?

I got your message, and sent another reply. Thanks for checking into things.

For those in the same boat - I did get a "confirmation of order" email the following day after submitting documents, and then a shipment email today. So in my case it was 48 hours from document submission to order shipment. 

All Replies
Frequent Visitor

When I first received the verification email I sent in the info immediately, and the order shipped same day. Although the order was later intercepted on delivery day, it did ship the same day I sent in the info. Good luck.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply, tdc012. 

I've not received any further replies from Xfinity, so maybe I am one of the countless others that find themselves caught in this "fraud prevention" scheme that goes nowhere. Any idea why your delivery was intercepted?

I know this, I am not happy I submitted a copy of my identification on some bogus "need more info" email to some overseas verification department, and that department doesn't follow up at all. Seems shady at the least, and maybe FTC reportable at the most.

Frequent Visitor

Update for those in the same boat. I did receive an order confirmation order today after submitting the documents yesterday - I have not yet received a shipping email. Not sure what that means. No Xfinity reps have chimed in so that support might be hit and miss.....

Official Employee

lobodog1, I got your private message regarding the manual review process. I'll follow up with you there. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

I got your message, and sent another reply. Thanks for checking into things.

For those in the same boat - I did get a "confirmation of order" email the following day after submitting documents, and then a shipment email today. So in my case it was 48 hours from document submission to order shipment.