Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No Cellular Data on BYOD iPhone 8 Plus

Frequent Visitor

No Cellular Data on BYOD iPhone 8 Plus

Our BYOD iPhone 8 Plus' cellular data has not worked since we ported our number to Xfinity Mobile on February 3rd.

We called Xfinity Mobile 6 days ago to get issue resolved (spoked with 2 different reps), but initial techs couldn't resolve the issue. A ticket was opened and we were told that another tech would call us within 2 days... that never happened. We're still waiting for Comcast to call us back to get the issue resolved.

Other than Comcast techs troubleshooting on their end, here's what we've personally tried so far to get cellular data working:
  • reset network settings
  • rebooted phone, removed SIM card,  replaced SIM card, then rebooted again
  • updated Carrier Settings via Settings > General > About

Can someone help us? We're tired of waiting for Comcast to call us back like they said they would.

Frequent Visitor

Re: No Cellular Data on BYOD iPhone 8 Plus

It's now been over 24 hours and no response to my post. Will someone at Comcast please help us?

A total of 5 days has passed since a Comcast tech was supposed to call us to follow up on our issue.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast, it's been over 2 days since I posted. Please reply and help us.

There's been no call from a Comcast tech either: A total of 6 days has passed since a Comcast tech was supposed to call to follow up on our issue.

Frequent Visitor

Number of days with no response from Comcast...

This thread: 3 days

Phone call for open ticket: 7 days

Comcast, please help us.

Bronze Problem Solver

@RockCyclewrote:

Number of days with no response from Comcast...

This thread: 3 days

Phone call for open ticket: 7 days

Comcast, please help us.

The comcast forums are primarily for customer to customer, comcast reps help out when they can (usually on their own time). Try the comcast mobile reddit, it is monitored by comcast reps

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/comments/6d6x5b/the_xfinity_mobile_megathread/

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

mvenanzi,

Thanks for the info. I'll post there.

So let me get this straight, Comcast reps get paid to help customers via reddit, but not on Comcast's own forums? That's rediculous. At the top of Comcast forums' pages it reads, "Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts." Who are the experts? You? Me? Comcast reps who are kind enough to donate their time to Comcast?

Comcast's own forums should be just as high of a priority for Comcast. I'm suprised Comcast would actively ignore its own customers on its own website. Why would Comcast design its online support system this way?

Problem Solver

The "Experts" are indeed that - experts who are regular customers like you and me. You can look at these Experts' profiles and note dozens - sometimes even thousands - of Kudos and Accepted Solutions to their name. They're just as important here as the employees are. 

The reason for the forums is that Comcast has a limiited number of employees who can actively assist customers, but there are lots and lots of regular users out there who might know the answer to a problem, and can respond faster to it than a Comcast employee. Now sometimes an Employee can respond before the Experts can, but more often than not it's the Experts who answer first. 

Your issue appears to require direct intervention by a Comcast employee, so if you want a faster response, you're better off calling Comcast directly or using Chat Support. 

<<<< "Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman >>>>
Frequent Visitor

Comcast could better clarify from the start that its own employees do not officially help in these forums despite the forums being hosted via Comcast's own domain name.

For someone who is already frustrated with Comcast's support because Comcast hasn't done what it said it would do going on 7 days now (no contact with us whatsoever), it adds fuel to the fire to go without a response in this thread for 3 days.

Bronze Problem Solver

@RockCyclewrote:

mvenanzi,

Thanks for the info. I'll post there.

So let me get this straight, Comcast reps get paid to help customers via reddit, but not on Comcast's own forums? That's rediculous. At the top of Comcast forums' pages it reads, "Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts." Who are the experts? You? Me? Comcast reps who are kind enough to donate their time to Comcast?

Comcast's own forums should be just as high of a priority for Comcast. I'm suprised Comcast would actively ignore its own customers on its own website. Why would Comcast design its online support system this way?

Comcast experts are customers who joined the comcast expert "group". When you see an expert that posts, at the end of their post is a description of the experts

Official Employee

RockCycle, thanks for posting here. 

Have you considering doing a factory reset? Please send me a private message with your full name and the phone number associated with your residential account for help. I'll make sure you have the proper feature activated on the back end and check on your open tickets. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation