Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New customer nightmare: 4 orders, 6+ hours on the phone, 15+ reps, and still no completed order.

New Poster

New customer nightmare: 4 orders, 6+ hours on the phone, 15+ reps, and still no completed order.

Hi-

I've been trying for over a week to order 2 phones to initiate my relationship with Xfinity mobile. Here's a brief synopsis of the problems I've had.

Order 1- placed online 1/6, received request for additional documentation 1/6, provided documents 1/6...radio silence. Called customer service on Wed 1/10 only to find out the order was canceled for failing manual review, but no one could tell me why it failed or how I could get this resolved.

Orders 2/3- attempted to place online, then by phone with mobile sales team on 1/10. System said that I already had more than the 5 lines I was approved for and I couldn't place the order, even though I currently have 0 lines.

Order 4- placed online Thurs 1/11. Did not receive request for additional documentation, but proactively called fraud department to make sure they had everything they needed on Fri 1/12. Answered the phone manual review questions, spoke to a supervisor that ensured me the information was being passed back to mobile care for processing. Saturday, 1/13, confirmed with chat agent that order was in process and would be approved within the day. Sunday 1/14, spoke with Customer Care, who couldn't give a status update on the order, even when conferencing in Fraud/Manual review team. I was told that the order is processed in a "back office and there's no way to contact them." 

With the 72 hour order cancelation deadline looming, there's nothing I could do but wait...likely for this order to cancel and to have to start this process all over again. 

As a current Xfinity customer, it shouldn't be this hard to have the privilege of expanding my business and giving you hundreds of dollars more a month. I'm at a loss for where to go from here- please help!

Official Employee

Re: New customer nightmare: 4 orders, 6+ hours on the phone, 15+ reps, and still no completed order.

jsutow7, thanks for posting. A fraud review is failed if one of the review questions are answered incorrectly, or if the responses are sent after 72 hours of receipt. 

The 5 lines they saw that prevented you from activating were probably a result of the initial order that failed on 1/6. It takes 84 hours for failed orders to remove from your account and according to that, you were within that 84 hour window period still. 

Let's check to see the status of the fraud review. Please send me a private message with your full name, residential account number and address for help.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: New customer nightmare: 4 orders, 6+ hours on the phone, 15+ reps, and still no completed order.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation