members

online now

discussions

Network Extender

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

We recently switched from Verizon. At our house we have used a network extender (Samsung SCS-2U01) from Verizon so we could get service at our house. It was still working at first but they have now shut it off as expected. Is there a way for Xfinity to use this since it works through our internet? Or is there another option we have to boost our coverage at home? Thanks!

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 5

I have been wondering that too. I have verizon now. I live in a bi-level and I CANNOT get a good signal unless I am upstairs or outside. Is the fact that I have Xfinity X1 internet with a wifi router, when I get my XM phone and get my service going, am I going to be able to make calls with no problem? 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 3 of 5

The network extender is nothing more than rerouting your signal thru your internet.  Xfinity mobile does the same thing.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 5

Hello, all. WiFi calling is not available yet with XFINITY Mobile. Our phones work over the nation's largest 4G LTE network with access to millions of XFINITY WiFi hotspots, where data is free and unlimited, no login required. This is meant to save you on data usage and is not necessarily a coverage feature at this point in time.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 5 of 5
Oh well...at least I'm not paying $45 a month for verizon.