New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Need iphone cell help

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 4

Hi, what I would like to do is, I have comcast's trible play, I have comcast voice and my home phone works fine. I just bought a iphone apple 7 Plus and would like for it to have same number as home phone as well as caller ID, will comcast give me sim card with directions to install, does it cost more, my last bill was $204.00, be gentle, lol

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2 of 4

As long as you buy your phone from Comcast. They don't  have the option to bring your own phone yet. 

Posted by
Admin1

Message 3 of 4

@lobo11,

I am not sure what you are asking for. When you say you got a new iPhone, was this purchased through us with our XFINITY Mobile service? If so, then when setting up that mobile account you must specify that you want to port your number at the time the order is placed. It can be more difficult to do once the XFINITY Mobile service has already been established. 

If you did not get your mobile phone from XFINITY, then you must speak with your mobile phone service provider to have them do the porting of that home phone number. 

I hope this information helps. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 4
I did not buy an IPhone. I bought A ZTE FROM CRICKET. Since I have had the phone wi-fi has to re-turned on at least 3 times a day..