Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Need a new number assigned to my phone

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Need a new number assigned to my phone

I ported in a number from Sprint but soon realized that my employer won’t pay monthly dues unless I am with one of the three major carriers. So I ported the number back to Sprint but now I cannot get a new number assigned to my phone. Already tried the BYOD route in store with no luck; just wasted an hour as I was told that Xfinity phones can’t be setup as BYOD due to IMEI already in the system. I ideally want the xfinity mobile service. So why can’t Comcast ship me a new sim with a new number? If nothing else, at least unlock the phone as it has been already paid off.
Accepted Solution

Re: Need a new number assigned to my phone

umassd, to assign a new number to your phone would mean activating a new line of service and we cannot do that with your android device even though it was purchased from us initially. 

You can either, get a new line of service with a new device (you can trade in your current device to help offset costs) or you can take part of the iPhone BYOD program. 

KenF

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Need a new number assigned to my phone

umassd, to assign a new number to your phone would mean activating a new line of service and we cannot do that with your android device even though it was purchased from us initially. 

You can either, get a new line of service with a new device (you can trade in your current device to help offset costs) or you can take part of the iPhone BYOD program. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation