online now

discussions

My orders of 3 phones have vanished XM Dashboard

SOLVED
Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 32

Hello.

I ordered 3 phones online on 9-7-17 around 8pm pacific time. I received 3 order confirm emails promptly. The 3 orders appeared online on my dashboard. (I should have taken a photo, but unfortunately I didn't.) Everything looked good until that point. Today, I receive email requesting verification from tier 2. I went to my dashboard to see if there's any update, lo-and-behold, my orders have vanished.

This is what I get when I log into XM website and check dashboard:

Status Dashboard From shipping to activation, see the status of your new devices

Problem, seems like you have no lines ready for activation.

My orders have disappeared. (Please note, I have replied to the verification email with answers to all 6 questions.)

So I come on here to try to get help but find out I can't PM. Look everywhere and finally discover that the PM feature has been purposely disabled for new members. Great. Ok. So here I am, asking for help from Ken or anyone else at Comcast who can ping in here to check on the status of my orders.

ComcastKen, if you see this post, please reach out to me via PM so that I can hopefully reply with private info regarding my orders and hopefully you can check to see what's going on. Thanks!

update: it appears that aftering posting one post to the forum, I now am able to us the PM/DM system on here. But I will wait my turn and let someone from Comcast respond here, inviting me to PM/DM them to send my private info regarding the orders. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 25 of 32
Solution

Lakino, glad we got you all squared away via private message. If you need anything else, please post again! 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
31 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 32

My pre order for my Note  did the same thing. I chatted with someone from comcast today and they said I won't see it and I have to wait for an email with a tracking number. My fear already is, if customer service is this busy everyday, how many issues are there really?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 32

Ours did too. We answered the questions. They suddenly appeared on I think it was the “billing” tab with a tracking number. We were wondering why they had disappeared. But we got our phones and have service.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 4 of 32
I am having exact same issue. How long after answering email did you get your phones? Did you ever get any further emails?
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 5 of 32

I had a similar problem. I called in to answer the verification questions and thought my answers were good enough. the CSR didn't say there was a problem but then I waited 4 days only to finally find out they had cancelled my order without telling me. So I put in another order right away. I figured if they did prepare two orders I could always cancel one or return it but I didn't want to miss the sale.

On the second order I also had a problem that appeared the next day. We received a call from the credit card company we used saying that Xfinity was trying to hold $1 to verify the credit card was good and when the credit card company sent Xfinity the OK signal then Xfinity would reject the whole transaction. Credit card company called us after this happened 3 times to ask what was going on. We told credit card company it was a good charge and they said they would try to override the rejection. So since I wasn't sure that the second order would also get cancelled with Xfinity telling me I put in a third order.  :>) Finally after a couple of days I started to see the orders show up on the XfinMobile app and decided to keep both orders. (Bought the LG X Charge for $1 each)

I think the problem that caused the verification letter to be issued was I used an email address other than the enail addressed associated with the primary account holder because the phone was for me and not the primary account holder. Once I put in the primary account holder email address everything seemed to go smoothly.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 6 of 32

I'm curious about this as well. 

I also pre-ordered a Note 8 because of the $200 off sale. The order appeared on my account immediately after placing the order, but since then it has said the same thing about "There are no phones for activation" and shows no order.

I called and spoke to someone last week, who told me it showed the order in the system, and it hadn't been flagged for fraud questions. However, as of now, I still don't see the order on XFMobile site.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 7 of 32

Try calling your credit card company and see if they have a hold on your account for the dollar amount of the phones. Also private message ComcastKenF and see what he can see in the system. Assuming they have the phones in stock and they are not back ordered the sale should have gone through and you should have a tracking number by now.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 8 of 32
Actually, upon checking my banking account online, it seems the order went through as I was charged the full amount and it's already posted. Now the only problem is that I can't access my account on the Xfinity Mobile site. It says, "Our site is temporarily unavailable," which it has said every time I've tried to access it for the past several days...
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 9 of 32

What 6 questions?  I have received two emails so far on my wife's LG.  The first soon after ordering and the second one today confirming that the phone is shipping.  Nowhere did they ask me any questions.  

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 10 of 32

I just logged in to XfinityMobile and the site is up and working. Try going to your xfinity main account and sign in there and then try signing into Xfin mobile. Sometimes the cookies get confused.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 11 of 32

TiredRetired wrote:

What 6 questions?  I have received two emails so far on my wife's LG.  The first soon after ordering and the second one today confirming that the phone is shipping.  Nowhere did they ask me any questions.  

Not everyone gets a verify email. Be thankful when you get the verify email it messes up your order. :>)

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 12 of 32

Quixy wrote:
Actually, upon checking my banking account online, it seems the order went through as I was charged the full amount and it's already posted. Now the only problem is that I can't access my account on the Xfinity Mobile site. It says, "Our site is temporarily unavailable," which it has said every time I've tried to access it for the past several days...

That's good news. If you have been billed then you are getting the phones.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 13 of 32

Already tried logging in from my Xfinity account. I've tried on my PC, my personal phone, iPad, work phone and work laptop. Same thing every single time: "Our site is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for this unplanned outage, but sometimes our systems need a breather. We'll be back up, ASAP, of course."

Edit: Scratch that, tried another browser on my PC and it worked fine and shows the order. Strange that I'd be having issues with cookies across so many devices and browsers.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 14 of 32

Well it might not have been a cookie issue. But i know when my system gets hung up it is because I have signed in as different users and it confuses their system.

Glad problem resolved and phones are on the way.

Highlighted
Posted by
Contributor

Message 15 of 32

In my case, as of Monday 9-11-17, none of the 3 orders I placed have been charged to my credit card; no penidng or actual charges have appeared on my credit card. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 16 of 32

if you can't get ComcastKenF or some other employee to verify that your order is in and working. Or that the phones are on backorder and that is why they aren't showing, then I would suggest you consider putting the order in again before the sale is over. If after that point more phones start to appear on your account you can cancel whatever you don't want.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 17 of 32

WindsurfMaui, I may do that before 9-13 is over if I don't get any help here. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 18 of 32

TiredRetired wrote:

They probably stopped sending out that email because they realized it looked and sounded ridiculous. I received that email when I ordered my 2 LG X-Charge phones, still think it's ridiculous.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 19 of 32

Hello, all. Please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then logging into the XFINITY Mobile site. I've been told this has resolved the issue with the dashboard for a number of our customers that reported similar issues.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 20 of 32

ComcastMax wrote:

Hello, all. Please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then logging into the XFINITY Mobile site. I've been told this has resolved the issue with the dashboard for a number of our customers that reported similar issues.

ComcastMax, I did as you suggested and cleared out the cache and cookies. Same page with the "Problem, seems like you have no lines ready for activation." msg. I did this on multiple browsers. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 21 of 32

Hello everyone, 

Are you able to navigate the site normally now? 

KenF

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 22 of 32

ComcastKenF wrote:

Hello everyone, 

Are you able to navigate the site normally now? 

KenF

KenF, the Xfinity Mobile website is working right now, but when logged in and checking the Dashboard, it still says "Problem, seems like you have no lines ready for activation." :-(

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 23 of 32

I've never had a real problem getting to this page other then when it crashed at the beginning of the sale and eveyone was signing in to buy phones. I have no problems as long as I am signing in as the Main Xfinity  account holder.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 24 of 32

Thanks Lakino. I just responded to your private message and your orders are still there. They are pending due to the devices being back ordered. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 25 of 32
Solution

Lakino, glad we got you all squared away via private message. If you need anything else, please post again! 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 26 of 32

I wanted to give an update of my orders. 

XM has done me right. XM shipped out (2) X Charges on 9-15 and (1) on 9-16. All (3) arrived this past Tuesday (9-19). I was able to easily activate one new line (new number) through XM website and then get it unlocked via chat (wait was 24 visitors ahead of me). For my UNLIMITED plan line which required a line port in from ATT, I was able to accomplish the port via XM online website again. The process on XM's side was extremely quick and automated. I didn't have to speak to anyone and the port took effectve immeidatley once I entered all the info on XM's website. Honestly, that was pretty amazing as all my previous ports anywhere else had to involve speaking with CS/TS people who did this with me over the phone. Kudos to XM for automating this process and very quickly processing the port. What did take some time was contact ATT and speaking with their agent to get my account # and PIN to port over. Once I had the info and entered, the process was immediate on XM's side. 

All in all, I have to say that my experience has been much better than so many of the posts on here. I was scared to death after reading countless horror stories on this forum here, but in the end, I didn't encounter any real problems during the whole process. And what problems I did encounter, KenF was compentently able to quickly resolve. 

One lingering issue is getting wifi hot spot (tethering) to work on my iPhone 7 Plus -- but honestly, this iPhone 7 Plus was not purchased from XM; it's mine that I purchased directly from Apple.com. What I'm trying to do is BYOD and XM does not officially support BYOD so it's not technically XM's fault. But I would like to get tethering working with my iPhone 7 Plus. That's something I'm going to try and work with KenF to get it resolved. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 27 of 32

Lakino glad to hear that once the phones arrived the process was a lot easier. Too bad there was so much frustration during the order/delivery process (I had the same problem) but once you have them the rest went well.

I am curious you unlocked your phone immediately after getting it. Other than using it on another carrier does this help with anything else?

As for your iPhone I'm unfamiliar with tethering. You can use the iPhone to get onto the Xfinity wifi both at home and with hotspots without tethering right? Once tethered can you use the iPhone to text and make calls over the XfinityMobile networks?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 28 of 32

WindsurfMaui wrote:

Lakino glad to hear that once the phones arrived the process was a lot easier. Too bad there was so much frustration during the order/delivery process (I had the same problem) but once you have them the rest went well.

I am curious you unlocked your phone immediately after getting it. Other than using it on another carrier does this help with anything else?

As for your iPhone I'm unfamiliar with tethering. You can use the iPhone to get onto the Xfinity wifi both at home and with hotspots without tethering right? Once tethered can you use the iPhone to text and make calls over the XfinityMobile networks?

WindsurfMaui, thanks. Yeah, XM website is not good about order status. After the initial order entry into their system, it does have a habit of removing your orders from the webiste while it gets processed at fulfilment. But when it does ship -- if it does -- the orders show up on the website status page again. Once it shows, everything turned out alright. Things are working well now. 

There is no need to unlock the phone if you're just using the phone on XM. My dad was off to a trip over seas; we needed to unlocked his phone; thus the need to unlock immediately. He left for his trip yesterday. If he didn't leave the US, there wouldn't have been a need to unlock the phone. There's no benefit to you as a XM user to have the phone unlocked. All unlocking does is allow you to insert a SIM card from another service provider so that XM phone will work with another service providers. Without an unlock code, your XM phone will not work on another service provider. 

As for tethering, you would be using your iPhone to serve as the WiFi Hotspot. You would enable the feature on your phone and it would serve as the wifi hotspot that your other devices -- e.g. an iPad or laptop -- would connect to. This process is called "tethering". One would "tether" an external device to the XM phone that has WiFi Hotspot turned on. If you're using your iPhone 7 at home or at a coffee shop to connect to a standard WiFi Hotspot, you don't need to worry about "tethering". Only people who want to use their XM phones to serve as the WiFi Hotspot for their other devices to connect would need to bother with tethering. While traveling, I do need to connect my tables and laptop to my mobile phone -- and thus I would need to enable WiFi Hotspot on the XM phone so that my other devices can connect to it and use celluar data while on the road. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 29 of 32

Yes great elation when the phones arrive. And they look so good. But just too much frustration in the process. No order should be canceled without sending out a notice. Plus the verification process is silly, just call the customer on their Xfinity home phone.

Thanks for the info on unlocking and tethering. Most providers don't allow unlocking until you have been a customer for some months. Some people want to root their phone, whatever that ism and unlocking is needed I believe.

I understand when you tether your phone it turns your phone's wifi from a receiver into a transmitter of sorts. Interesting idea.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 30 of 32

Lakino, yes, because your phone is technically BYOD, I can't make any guarantees that the fix we have in place will work. I've responded to your private message with more details. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 31 of 32

WindsurfMaui wrote:

Yes great elation when the phones arrive. And they look so good. But just too much frustration in the process. No order should be canceled without sending out a notice. Plus the verification process is silly, just call the customer on their Xfinity home phone.

WindsurfMaui , yes, I agree. XM needs to improve this part of the process flow for sure.

WindsurfMaui wrote:

Thanks for the info on unlocking and tethering. Most providers don't allow unlocking until you have been a customer for some months. Some people want to root their phone, whatever that ism and unlocking is needed I believe.

Most providers will not unlock your phone until and unless you've fully paid off the phone. I've read that XM will unlock the phone even if you haven't paid off your phone -- if you're on the 24 month payment plan -- which is a little unusual but generous. The $1 LG X Charge was fully off, so I didn't anticipate XM having a problem with me getting the unlock code from them.

I do have my one my phones rooted. I'm familiar with rooting. Rooting and unlocking are completely seperate. One really has nothing to do with the other. 

Unlocking a phone, as I said in my previous post, merely allows your locked phone the ability to accept SIM cards from other service providers. That's it. (One can root one's Android phone while the phone is locked or unlocked.)

Rooting invovles getting 'root' access to your phone so that you can customize it more. If you're on a Windows computer, think of 'rooting' as getting access to your "Windows" directory in C drive. If you were locked out of that directory, you couldn't do a lot of stuff. Getting 'root' access on an Android phone allows one to do more with the phone. However, it can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. So it's not for the technophobes. 

On Android phones, it's called 'rooting'. On iPhones, the same concept is called 'jailbreaking'. To gain 'root' access on an iPhone, one attempts to 'jailbreak' the iPhone. Such a descriptive term: jailbreak. lol. Apple has you locked in -- clamped down tight -- and you need to 'jailbreak' to obtain your freedom. 

WindsurfMaui wrote:

I understand when you tether your phone it turns your phone's wifi from a receiver into a transmitter of sorts. Interesting idea.

That's the right idea: turning your phone into a personal wifi hotspot does make your phone into a wifi transmitter but remember that it's still a phone receiver as well because it's receiving celluar data from Verizon cell towers, but once it receives data from Verizon cell signal, it's then relaying using WiFi signals to your other devices connected to it via wifi. :-) It's serving both as a receiver and a transmitter.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 32 of 32