Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Moto G5 Plus sim compatible with LG X Charge

ANSWERED
New Poster

Moto G5 Plus sim compatible with LG X Charge

I currently own the Moto G5 Plus purchased from Costco Verizon Kiosk and the phone works flawlessly.  I would like to change service provider to Xfinity Mobile and keep the Moto G5 Plus.  If I purchase the Xfinity Mobile LG X Charge will I be able to move sim card to Moto G5 Plus without issue?

Accepted Solution

Re: Moto G5 Plus sim compatible with LG X Charge

@knowchance wrote:

I currently own the Moto G5 Plus purchased from Costco Verizon Kiosk and the phone works flawlessly.  I would like to change service provider to Xfinity Mobile and keep the Moto G5 Plus.  If I purchase the Xfinity Mobile LG X Charge will I be able to move sim card to Moto G5 Plus without issue?

Xfinity Mobile's BYOD program for Android devices has not yet been rolled out.  It is reportedly in beta testing.

View answer in context
Contributor

@knowchance wrote:

Xfinity Mobile's BYOD program for Android devices has not yet been rolled out.  It is reportedly in beta testing.

New Poster

This is not the answer to my question.  I am not asking about bring your own device.  My question was very specific concerning removing sim card from LG X Charge from Xfinity Mobile and installing into Moto G5 Plus currently on the Verizon network.  

Regular Contributor

The correct answer to that question is hard to find with XM. With most wireless companies as long as the phone is unlocked , not blacklisted and the same system (GSM or CDMA), any sim card and you are good to go. With XM it's a crapshoot, it appears that buying a phone from them is the only sure thing.

Frequent Visitor

Also not a direct answer to your question, but I am using the sim card from my XM LG X Power in a Costco Moto G4.  Everything works except for VM notification.   And the display says Verizon Wireless, instead of Xfinity Mobile (?), but that's not an issue.  KH

Contributor

I have a Model XT1687 from Best Buy Universal Unlocked Phone.  I swapped SIM from X Charge to G5+ and it works great.  Make sure that Verizon G5+ is unlocked.

Official Employee

This is not the answer to my question.  I am not asking about bring your own device.  My question was very specific concerning removing sim card from LG X Charge from Xfinity Mobile and installing into Moto G5 Plus currently on the Verizon network.  

knowchance, we do not officially support this. Swapping your sim to a device (especially android) that wasn't sold by us is considering "bring your own device". We do not have a program in place for android BYOD yet. If you did and the service worked, that is great--but certain features may not work due to system limitations. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation