Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Mobile number porting nightmare

New Poster

Mobile number porting nightmare

Going on third day trying to move from Consumer Cellular to Xfinity Mobile. Don't bother trying online. These 2 companies have not figured out how to communicate. Luckliy I saved my old SIM Card and can use phone. Many chats, many calls, conflicting info, they get one last try in the morning then cancelling order.

New Poster

Re: Mobile number porting nightmare

Well no they were not able to port the number, but when I asked to cancel the order was told they couldn't.

Because I brought my own Iphone 6 Plus I need to go back to store with my big loud voice to cancel my order. I am glad I didn't let the store toss my old sim card or I would have been forced to drop my number of 15yrs of business.

Service never offered call backs, but makes you go thru the routine every call. Not sure how they can do 20 service calls per order. 

Contributor

Losing your Consumer Cellular SIM card and being unable to port the number out would not have caused you to lose your number. Consumer Cellular would give you a replacement SIM card for free.

New Poster

Called Consumer Cellular Porting dept. they setup successful 3way conversation with XM. We found that no matter how many times they say I resubmit they really do nothing. We had to change a name and number, we tried for days. Finally and begrudgingly she agreed to fix the incorrect info, it worked. After 23 requests they changed the info and actually resent request. The database is messed up, wouldn't let change online either.

Poor service folks need better training and tools.

Official Employee

Hi rjashmun, I can review any open tickets regarding this issue with you.  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi rjashun, thank you for working with me through private message and please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation