Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Manual Review Team is the WORST!!!

New Poster

Manual Review Team is the WORST!!!

I have 3 lines on my Xfinity Mobile account. Went to the store to add another device. Redirected back to purchase online. Store stated the system is saying since I started my order online that I can only purchase online or over the phone. Called Xfinity on 5/5, placed order and Rep stayed it went into manual review due to a lot of Fraud going on. Received email to submit State ID/Drivers license and Utility bill. Submitted documents, called to check on status on 5/7 and Rep stated order was cancelled because my ID has my billing address on it which by the way is on file but not my Service address. The only way I can add a device was to update my ID. No other documents can be submitted for verification not my social security card, birth certificate, another utility bill, pay stub, W2, or nothing. That makes no sense especially when I have 3 current lines and Xfinity home services. My name and address is acceptable to take my payments but not acceptable to add a device. I can add additional home services but can’t add a mobile device because the ID doesn’t match my service address but it matches my billing address. They can’t manually override it because the mobile system is through a third party. Doesn’t make any sense and I will be looking into switching to another provider due to the lack of resources and capabilities the Store representatives and phone representatives have at this time.
New Poster

Re: Manual Review Team is the WORST!!!

Update: Updated my ID as they asked to reflect my service address. Ordered phone again and again a manual review. Submitted updated ID and utility bill. Called today to check on status and the order was cancelled again. Stating insufficient information. What’s insufficient about a Government issued ID with the correct name and service address that matches a Utility bill.

This company is the worst Mobile provider. Even the major provider that has been in business for years do not put their customer through this non sense.

At this rate Xfinity Mobile will not be around very long
Official Employee

Beanie02, sorry to hear about your orders. Unfortunately, they do not provide the reason for the insufficient info. If there is a discrepancy with your ID info and the address on your account, this could be the reason for the failed manual review. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks for your response. However, there isn’t a discrepancy. My ID has the same address on it as my Utility bill which is also my service address
Official Employee

I get what you're saying. I can't see what happened exactly, but you'll be able to reorder again after 84 hours have passed from the initial email.

KenF

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Thanks for your response again. I’ve placed 4 orders and all 4 were cancelled for the same reason. There’s not 1 representative that has helped in the manual review department since my first order was placed on 5/5/18. 20 escalated tickets later and still no resolution or call back from anyone. The last representative stated if my documents aren’t accepted he suggest I look for another provider because there is absolutely no other form of verification for me to add a new line of service.

Absolutely insane and very poor business procedures, practices, and most of all customer service.

Xfinity is really showing how they value their customers.
Official Employee

Beanie02, got it. Sorry for the experience. If you decide to order again, you'll have to go through the review process again. I'd be happy to assist you every step of the way, however. Just let me know. 

KenF

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation