Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Lte data not working on iphone6s plus

ANSWERED
New Poster

Lte data not working on iphone6s plus

1st month with xfinity. Didn't notice at first, because are mostly at wifi environment. phone shows xfinity Mobil and lte, able to call and text, but not access to Internet. Call support, and did all the standard troubleshootings, turn on off airplan mode, reset network, remove SIM card, reboot many times, get a new SIM card, even do a factory reset. 

However, if lte turn off, able to access internet with 3G.

Able to get lte data with previous carrier.

any idea what else we can try?

Accepted Solution

Re: Lte data not working on iphone6s plus

If you have a problem with no cellular data on a BYOD iPhone, check of you have a menu item called Settings-General-Profile. If you have a profile set up from a previous carrier you should delete that profile.

This is a common problem, but it seems Xfinity still hasn't added it to their BYOD activation process or troubleshooting script.
View answer in context
Problem Solver

If you have a problem with no cellular data on a BYOD iPhone, check of you have a menu item called Settings-General-Profile. If you have a profile set up from a previous carrier you should delete that profile.

This is a common problem, but it seems Xfinity still hasn't added it to their BYOD activation process or troubleshooting script.
New Poster

Amazing,

tech support and store support, send us away unresolved. Someone capable, like Mike, solves it effortlessly. 

Thanks you Mike. We delete the profile, and lte data works.

New Poster

Mike I’m having the same problem. I just got my new iPhone 7 Plus from xfinity, I activated both phones. I can call and text no problems, internet apps work on WiFi but if WiFi is off I get no cellular data and it says cannot activate cellular data.
Official Employee

Hi Hildae1981, I can look into your account settings to make sure your phone line is provisioned correctly to use cellular data. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get this taken care of. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation