Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Line limit of only 1 mobile phone on new Xfinity activation??

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Line limit of only 1 mobile phone on new Xfinity activation??

I just swtiched to Xfinity internet on 1/26, and ported a single mobile phone line on 1/28.  At the time, I had a second mobile phone line to port, but I didn't have all of the info required to do so.  On 1/30, I went back to an Xfinity retail store, armed with the necessary information to transfer the second line.  Unfortunately, I didn't even get that far.  After a 15-minute appointment stretched into 90 minutes, complete with calls to finance, some center of excellence and operations, I was given the explanation that "when your account was activated, only one mobile line was authorized" and that I'd have to wait 2-3 billing cycles before adding a second line.

Surely this can't be correct.  Has anyone else worked through this problem?  Passing a credit check shouldn't be an issue here.

Any help would be appreciated.  Waiting 2-3 billing cycles isn't an option for me, and the retail store seemed to be stuck and couldn't help.  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Line limit of only 1 mobile phone on new Xfinity activation??

I'm posting this as a follow up to my original post for other customers that might have the same problem.

First, many thanks to both Phill and KenF for helping me get to a definitive answer.

Unfortunately, as of Feb, 2018, once Comcast's / Xfinity's "system" has made an initial determination about a customer's mobile phone line limit, that can't be overridden by anyone.  This is done via some sort of internal credit check algorithm (doesn't hit one of the credit rating agencies), and an external credit check simply can't be done.

In my case, that means I'm stuck with just a single mobile phone line until I have a few billing cycles behind me (3-6), at which point I can try again to see if there is a different outcome.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi Paul_B1, I can review this on my side for you. Could you please send me a private message with your account information (Your name, address and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I'm posting this as a follow up to my original post for other customers that might have the same problem.

First, many thanks to both Phill and KenF for helping me get to a definitive answer.

Unfortunately, as of Feb, 2018, once Comcast's / Xfinity's "system" has made an initial determination about a customer's mobile phone line limit, that can't be overridden by anyone.  This is done via some sort of internal credit check algorithm (doesn't hit one of the credit rating agencies), and an external credit check simply can't be done.

In my case, that means I'm stuck with just a single mobile phone line until I have a few billing cycles behind me (3-6), at which point I can try again to see if there is a different outcome.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation