Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,875,141

members

1,361

online

29,281

topics

Top

LG X charge cases

Most Valued Poster

LG X charge cases

I hope I am not violating any forum rules. The LG X Charge is such a new phone there are not a lot of options for cases.  I have used a website called Http://www.HDaccessory.com. they have a lot of nice cases at very low prices. Thir price for shipping seems a little high to me but they ship priority mail in the U.S. so you get your order rather quickly. Unfortunately the LG X Charge is so new they don't have it listed in their catalog. But if you sort by brand then look for cases then in the list of phones select Fiesta. These cases fit the LG X charge perfectly. Some of the cases have the wider round opening for the large speaker on the LG and some have a smaller oval opening. But the cases fit all the buttons and holes for headphones, charging etc. Also the tempered glass screen protectors also fit the X Charge and have the openings at the top in the right place. 

 

I have no interest in this company or get anything for recommending them. It is just the LG X charge is so thin and slippery that I would destroy mine if I didn't have a case. And since so many Xfinity Mobile users bought the LG X Charge during the recent sale I though this info may be helpful. I'm sorry it didn't occur to me to post this sooner. My bad.

Contributor

Re: LG X charge cases

Thank you, I was looking for more accessories.  They have a few on Amazon, I wound up getting this.  So far so good... I dropped it on an industrial floor (think..vinyl over concrete) and watched in slow motion "Noooooo!" horror as it bounced bounced bounced away.  Zero damage. The sound/power buttons were a little stiff at first, but after a month are just fine.

 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B071CT3N71/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Contributor

Re: LG X charge cases

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XCHTX9L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

 I have now ordered two of these cases for our phones and one for a friend. They seem do be exactly what we needed although I have experience dropping mine as yet. They each came with a stylus which was nice as I seem to not be able to hit just one key. WHile they also included screen protectors, I ordered those separately and they were more glass like than plastic. And free shipping if you have Amazon Prime.

Contributor

Re: LG X charge cases

I got a clear plastic case on Amazon for about $5 and change.. It was for the LG Power, but it fits perfectly.. Not sure how it would do if you dropped the phone, but it's my wife's and she would have to take it out of her purse first and that seldom happens..

Frequent Visitor

Re: LG X charge cases

I'm looking for one with a built in screen protector.
Most Valued Poster

Re: LG X charge cases

I don't remember seeing a case with a built in screen protector. I admit putting on the tempered glass screen protectors is complicated but there are many how to videos on Youtube that help explain what to do.

Most Valued Poster

Re: LG X charge cases


@ wrote:

I don't remember seeing a case with a built in screen protector. I admit putting on the tempered glass screen protectors is complicated but there are many how to videos on Youtube that help explain what to do.


We decided to replace the plastic protector on the LG X charge with tempered glass ones . I have never been so frustrated in my life.  Watched You Tube first and FINALLY got it on my phone  but when I put the case back on .....those black  'wet' bubbles appeared and no matter what I did I could not get rid of them. I took the case off and gently removed and reinstalled the glass protector but same thing happened when case was put on. Any insight?

Regular Contributor

Re: LG X charge cases

This is what I use on my X charge. Makes it a little bit bulkier but works fine so far. The screen protector was junk so I purchased a few elsewhere.

Most Valued Poster

Re: LG X charge cases


@ wrote:

This is what I use on my X charge. Makes it a little bit bulkier but works fine so far. The screen protector was junk so I purchased a few elsewhere.


Didn't know that was even available but if you didn't like the screen protector that came with it  and got others did the new one get  bubbly when you put the case back on? I wondered if I should try to put a new glass one on with the case  on the phone but I read that the 'normal' glass protector is so snug right to the edges  that a case dislodges it  because its a tight fit. I also read there are 'case friendly' glass protectors.  In general protectors are a PITA.  Its obvious since there are so many You Tube videos about how to put them on.   We always had plastic ones and they always had the tiny bubbles so I 'though' glass would be easier and better when we got the new phones....so much for that.


Thanks for the response

Most Valued Poster

Re: LG X charge cases

I purchased a number of different cases from soft TPU  to hard shell and none of them bothered the glass screen protector I had on. However, after a while I found that I didn't like the feel of any case it made the very thin and sexy LG X Charge feel like a brick. So instead I bought some  rubber tape that has a rough outer side and cut some very long thin strips and placed them on the outer edge of the phone and a couple on the back and now it helps me grip the phone and it still feels lite and thin . I admit it doesn't look as good as a case but it feels great and never slips in my hand.

Most Valued Poster

Re: LG X charge cases


wrote:

I purchased a number of different cases from soft TPU  to hard shell and none of them bothered the glass screen protector I had on. However, after a while I found that I didn't like the feel of any case it made the very thin and sexy LG X Charge feel like a brick. So instead I bought some  rubber tape that has a rough outer side and cut some very long thin strips and placed them on the outer edge of the phone and a couple on the back and now it helps me grip the phone and it still feels lite and thin . I admit it doesn't look as good as a case but it feels great and never slips in my hand.


I am trying to picture your  'rube goldberg' case and it makes me smile. On my other phone I had a two piece thin metal-like case but this one feels like silicone and is  not thick and only covers the backside of the phone and doesn't bulk it up.  Its silver and purple glitter so not for most guys. I got my husband the harder rugged rubber case with the kickstand and it grips really well and he doesn't mind that its a bit thick.  I just want a darn glass protector that won't  bubble up,  slip and fall off once I put the case back on.

Most Valued Poster

Re: LG X charge cases

I haven't had a problem with glass protectors. I just followed a Youtube instructions and so far they have stayed on with no bubbles. I tried to add a pix of my tape set up but the photos are larger than the max file size allowed.

Most Valued Poster

Re: LG X charge cases


@ wrote:

I haven't had a problem with glass protectors. I just followed a Youtube instructions and so far they have stayed on with no bubbles. I tried to add a pix of my tape set up but the photos are larger than the max file size allowed.


I followed You Tube instructions too.....looked at several first and all was well until I put the case back on. I will not give up.  Would have loved to see your tape set up. Can you reduce the size of the photo?

 

New Poster

Re: LG X charge cases

Amazon nd eBay have a bunch of cases for the x charge also the x power 2 cases fit them just perfect
Most Valued Poster

Re: LG X charge cases


@Sabrina89 wrote:
Amazon nd eBay have a bunch of cases for the x charge also the x power 2 cases fit them just perfect

I got a great case for it but when I put it over a glass protector, the protector gets huge 'wet spots' which is what they call the black area that shows up when there is air underneath. Have ruined 2 glass protectors redoing them so tossed them and ordered plastic ones. Bubble issues with plastic ones but better than what is happening with the glass ones.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 4012 views
  • 7 kudos
  • 8 in conversation