Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Issue with unlocking Samsung S8+

New Poster

Issue with unlocking Samsung S8+

I have been having issues with unlocking Samsung S8+. I have opened atleast 6 tickets till date and still it is not resolved. It is really frustrating. Everytime I am being sent the same unlock code from Xfinity mobile upon sending the details the phone details to xfinitymobile_unlocks@comcast.com. Upon entering the code it says, invalid network ID entered. When I call the customer call, again the same vicious circle follows (providing details to xfinitymobile_unlocks@comcast.com and getting the same unlock code). Is there any tech support person at all who can break this jinx?

Regular Visitor

Re: Issue with unlocking Samsung S8+

Same thing just happened to me with my S8.  They gave me a code a few months back that I didn't use right away and then when I tried it this last week it did not work. I contacted support and kept getting the same unlock code in e-mails from xfinity_unlocks. Finally. I chat'd with a rep and told him I have entered that same code 7 times, 3 more times and it will lock me out. I requested Tier 2 support, but the rep said he would try to refresh the code and generated a new one, and it worked.

I don't understand why some reps can give you a new code and some can't

Frequent Visitor

yea same withme  they did unlock mine i sent it to samsung for warranty and came back locked same iemi and all fixed 

But now they will not even give me the unlock code  I keep getting a run around....

Im about ready to send all this stuff back and go to another company mobile and internet i cant deal with the horrible customer service any more

@nikitasurana wrote:

I have been having issues with unlocking Samsung S8+. I have opened atleast 6 tickets till date and still it is not resolved. It is really frustrating. Everytime I am being sent the same unlock code from Xfinity mobile upon sending the details the phone details to xfinitymobile_unlocks@comcast.com. Upon entering the code it says, invalid network ID entered. When I call the customer call, again the same vicious circle follows (providing details to xfinitymobile_unlocks@comcast.com and getting the same unlock code). Is there any tech support person at all who can break this jinx?

Frequent Visitor

same  happend to me first time i unlocked and a second rep gave me the network unlock code  which i lost...

Now since device return none of them will give me any codes and want me to run around like a tard

@dmilo wrote:

Same thing just happened to me with my S8.  They gave me a code a few months back that I didn't use right away and then when I tried it this last week it did not work. I contacted support and kept getting the same unlock code in e-mails from xfinity_unlocks. Finally. I chat'd with a rep and told him I have entered that same code 7 times, 3 more times and it will lock me out. I requested Tier 2 support, but the rep said he would try to refresh the code and generated a new one, and it worked.

I don't understand why some reps can give you a new code and some can't

looking stupid on my time

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation