Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Issue with Phone Exchange: Xfinity mobile is a great product with a poor customer service.

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Issue with Phone Exchange: Xfinity mobile is a great product with a poor customer service.

Xfinity mobile is a great product with a poor customer service. The customer service has a Tier system where each Tier has limited authorization or responsibility based on complexity if issue. For a new issue, Tier 1 gets involved, Then its escalated to Tier 2, and when Tier 2 cannot resolve, the issue is escalated to Tier 3. I have learned all this during my conversations with Tier 1 folks (over 30 hours spent in hold and talking to atleast 10 times) in trying to resolve a simple phone exchange. 

The biggest issue is that each Tier cannot make a direct (person to person) contact with the next Tier. Not even a supervisor has the authority to contact directly to the next Tier. They can only leave notes and comments with a Ticket number. The system works like a black box. Where there is no way for a lower Tier represtative to konw what action is being taken by the next tier or what is needed to resolve the issue which could then be communicated to the custormer. 

I am also surprised that most of the customer service reps I have spoken don't know about the Tier system. Atleast the folks I have spoken with even their supervisors have limited information. It was only during my issue they learned about the Tier system (and I learned as well). Every time I call, a new rep would be responding who would have no clue and almost each time since my issue has been escalated to tier, they would comment that they did not knew there is a Tier 3. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Issue with Phone Exchange: Xfinity mobile is a great product with a poor customer service.

CustomeUser2017, what exchange issues are you experiencing? Did you get the new device yet?

View answer in context
Contributor

Re: Issue with Phone Exchange: Xfinity mobile is a great product with a poor customer service.

Hi,

In hopes of being at all helpful, l’m going to chime in here with my experience of approx 40 days from ordering an XF phone w/by the gb service online on Sept 13th ...losing my mind and a month of time I’ll never recover trying to get minor and/or critical issues resolved .. to ultimately cancelling service and receiving a full refund. 

I found no real difference in regards to what tier or means of connecting.. chat, phone etc. I encountered all very nice REPS, though clearly most were in-training and had no idea what they were doing. All made promises that were never kept and while I did manage to force escalations on a couple of occasions to a floor/group supervisor - those conversations (pleadings) never changed anything and once made things worse.

I did finally get through to the other side (a full refund) though obviously it was never my goal to give up working T-mobile phone service so I could spend a month fighting for working mobile phone service via XF and ultimately end up with NO mobile phone service because dozens of XF employees could not figure out how to refund the $161 they overcharged me before my 30 money back guarantee expired. 

SO, I called XF one last time before calling my ccard co and maybe a consumer org but I got lucky, whomever picked up that line on that one shift made a connection with another Tier while I was on hold and got me the previously impossible thing and I was on my way to being FREE of having to deal with this everyday and free of phone service too, phase ll of this challenge now in excruciating progress.

l keep checking in here, to see if iPhone 6s is on sale like it was on Sept 13th, and also check to see if support is up to speed and running smoothly - so I can -you know- unPark my mobile phone number and reconnect with my family, clients and friends

-but sounds like same old ‘hitakis

Advice is to just keep trying .. eventually someone will be able to part the clouds cue the harp music and solve your issue like it’s 2017 and everyone has a mobile phone they rely on for EVERYTHING - apparently a few seasoned employees are sprinkled throughout XFM or AT LEAST IM POSITIVE THERE IS AT LEAST ONE. 

may you hit the XFM CSR lottery soon 😉

Regular Visitor

That has been my experience as well...talked with nice people with big promises of resolving the issue. Its been over 2 months now. Still no resolution. Ironny is in my last call I asked them if I cancel the order when can I get refund. And the rep said they cannot process refund and that they will have to submit it to Tier 2 for processing. I almost pulled my hairs...

Official Employee

CustomeUser2017, what exchange issues are you experiencing? Did you get the new device yet?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

No I have not received the exchange. The issue Tier 3 Ticket # is 5187052

Official Employee

CustomeUser2017, thanks. I can confirm that it is assigned to Tier 3 and is in process. Can you send me your full name, account number and address via private message so I can present you with the resolution when that happens? 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation