Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Is anyone happy?

Contributor

Is anyone happy?

I realize that these forums are for folks looking for answers to their issues, but are there any happy customers out there?

Frequent Visitor

Re: I anyone happy?

I am HAPPY 😃.  I had to learn about the iPhone as I had android phones before.   I have not had any problems with Xfinity Mobile service.  Hope more feel as I do.

New Poster

Who could be happy about doing business with a company like Comcast? Who wants to be stuck in a contract just to save a few bucks a month? Who wants to continue getting the same billing BS? Who likes seeing one advertised price for a service then a long list of hidden charges show up in the monthly bill? Who can be happy about having to reboot their devices on a regular basis to fix inconsistent service issues or audio/video sync problems? Who enjoys endless repeating comercials in on demand shows/movies? Who wants to be overcharged for basic services?

Consumers want simplicity. We want to pay the price we see advertised. Not the advertised price + line fee + this fee + that fee + another BS fee + more fees that should also have be included in the advertised price of the service in the first place. Comcast has always worked very hard to find creative ways of screwing their customers out of as much money as possible. Who can be happy about being the loosing end of that? We no longer have the option of picking the best company. It's more like picking a president, we have to decide between the best of available unfavorable options. Do you want an ear infection or a soar throat? Do you want to pay way too much or get even more unreliable service?

There was a time when companies cared about the customers and worked hard to ensure we were happy with the service/s we recieved. At very least they made sure we as customers felt valued. Comcast has never been that kind of company which is appearent in their various poorly executed business models over the years.

As a Comcast customer we just don't have anything to be happy about? Comcast wants to take us to the cleaners and doesn't really care that we know their doing it. So I doubt you will find anyone here thats really "happy" with the services they received. 

Contributor

Ellrick wrote:

Who could be happy about doing business with a company like Comcast? Who wants to be stuck in a contract just to save a few bucks a month? Who wants to continue getting the same billing BS? Who likes seeing one advertised price for a service then a long list of hidden charges show up in the monthly bill? Who can be happy about having to reboot their devices on a regular basis to fix inconsistent service issues or audio/video sync problems? Who enjoys endless repeating comercials in on demand shows/movies? Who wants to be overcharged for basic services?

Consumers want simplicity. We want to pay the price we see advertised. Not the advertised price + line fee + this fee + that fee + another BS fee + more fees that should also have be included in the advertised price of the service in the first place. Comcast has always worked very hard to find creative ways of screwing their customers out of as much money as possible. Who can be happy about being the loosing end of that? We no longer have the option of picking the best company. It's more like picking a president, we have to decide between the best of available unfavorable options. Do you want an ear infection or a soar throat? Do you want to pay way too much or get even more unreliable service?

There was a time when companies cared about the customers and worked hard to ensure we were happy with the service/s we recieved. At very least they made sure we as customers felt valued. Comcast has never been that kind of company which is appearent in their various poorly executed business models over the years.

As a Comcast customer we just don't have anything to be happy about? Comcast wants to take us to the cleaners and doesn't really care that we know their doing it. So I doubt you will find anyone here thats really "happy" with the services they received. 

Does this have anything to do with Xfinity Mobile?

Regular Contributor

Have you read the threads here? If so, it should be apparent that the above post is a perfect distillation of all the answers given to your question. If not, when you're finished with the threads here, I encourage you to check out Twitter for truly eye-opening answers.

*Hit "Latest" rather than "Top" for the truest accounts and not adverts shilling the service*

Contributor

Su2z wrote:

Have you read the threads here? If so, it should be apparent that the above post is a perfect distillation of all the answers given to your question. If not, when you're finished with the threads here, I encourage you to check out Twitter for truly eye-opening answers.

*Hit "Latest" rather than "Top" for the truest accounts and not adverts shilling the service*

Yes, I have read the threads, but considering that post complains of lip sync, commercials and things that have nothing to do with Xfinity Mobile, I asked the question.

And, I am now regretting asking my original question. So many people are so bitter that they just can’t resist any opportunity to bash! I have Xfinity internet and it has been rock solid so I am considering Xfinity Mobile and would like responses related to that, considering that i asked in the Xfinity Mobile section of the forum. I really don’t think that is too much to ask.

Regular Contributor

Fair Enough. You are right, there's a lot of bitterness, but if that doesn't scare you off-- I say: Good Luck! I hope you are that very special customer that it works out for. Frankly, I'm terrified after reading about all the folks that have had their accounts hacked and their credit ruined, but you might be that special, different customerSmiley Happy

Contributor

Here's my take on Xfinity Mobile... If you stick with the device you buy from them then you'll be just fine.  Do not attempt an exchange or even try sticking your SIM on a non-Xfinity device. This can lead to nastry problems which require interaction with Customer Support. Not the experience you want to get through...  However, there are knowleadgeable and helpful customer reps here in this forum if you encounter issues.  But be forwarned, the process is not always straightforward and can cause unwanted stress on your part.

Good luck!

Regular Contributor

Rclewen wrote:

Su2z wrote:

Yes, I have read the threads, but considering that post complains of lip sync, commercials and things that have nothing to do with Xfinity Mobile, I asked the question.

And, I am now regretting asking my original question. So many people are so bitter that they just can’t resist any opportunity to bash! I have Xfinity internet and it has been rock solid so I am considering Xfinity Mobile and would like responses related to that, considering that i asked in the Xfinity Mobile section of the forum. I really don’t think that is too much to ask.

Rclewen, 

I'm farily satisfied with Xfinity Mobile. Have had it since Sept 18th of 2017. 2 lines are By the Gig and 1 line is on the UNLIMITED plan. 3 lines in total. We didn't get our phones from XM so we've had problems with Voice of LTE recently. [edit: we did in fact purchased 3 LG X Charges directly from XM. One LG X Charge is being used. Two others are not being used. Instead, we use 1) Apple iPhone 7 Plus and 2) Essential Phone instead of the two other LG X Charges.] The first couple of months, we didn't have the VoLTE problem. VoLTE worked. But during the latest billing cycle refresh, we lost VoLTE on the 2 phones that are NOT purchased from XM. We have NOT been able to resolve this VoLTE problem as XM's official position is that because they don't have a BYOD plan yet, these non-XM phones are not supported. I can live with that because I was aware of that before coming over to XM. But of course I am NOT happy about the situation. But we will wait to see what happens when BYOD is officially offered nationwide.

The other problem we had was that the iPhone 7 plus NEVER was able to offer personal wifi hotspot -- tethering. That's again something that XM won't offer to you or offer to help you resolve unless your phone was purchased from XM. But on the android side, tethering works. I am able to tether to my Essential Phone. Works well. 

So I would say if you plan to buy phones from XM direclty, they are not bad -- espeically given that they are on Verizon's backbone. But if you plan on bringing your own phone and want VoLTE or wifi personal hotspot, then it may not work out for you. 

Otherwise, we haven't run into the problems many others have posted. But we also took a very cautious approach. We purchased three LG X Charge phones for $1 a piece to test things out. If it didn't work out, we could leave as there's no contract. But so far, it's working out enough for us to stick around. 

If you're pretty techicial, then I would say give it a try. But if you're not very techical and want to bring your own phone to XM, I'd suggest you hold off until they have their BYOD program fully implemented and offered nationwide. Good luck. 

Contributor

Su2z wrote:

Fair Enough. You are right, there's a lot of bitterness, but if that doesn't scare you off-- I say: Good Luck! I hope you are that very special customer that it works out for. Frankly, I'm terrified after reading about all the folks that have had their accounts hacked and their credit ruined, but you might be that special, different customerSmiley Happy

Yeah, those issues are scary, but I wonder what percentage of folks encounter those issues? Yeah, if it happens to you it is terrible, but is it 10%, 20%, 1%? 

Contributor

ericksco wrote:

Here's my take on Xfinity Mobile... If you stick with the device you buy from them then you'll be just fine.  Do not attempt an exchange or even try sticking your SIM on a non-Xfinity device. This can lead to nastry problems which require interaction with Customer Support. Not the experience you want to get through...  However, there are knowleadgeable and helpful customer reps here in this forum if you encounter issues.  But be forwarned, the process is not always straightforward and can cause unwanted stress on your part.

Good luck!

Thanks...  Again, what present of customers have those issues? Hopefully the issues with non-Xfinity provided phones go away with BYOD finally coming, but only time will tell.  We’re paying AT&T way too much and with my daughter moving other own plan my wife and I only use an average of 3G data/month so the by-the-gig plan is very attractive. Even with buying new phones we would be saving money over our current plan.

Contributor

Lakino wrote:

Rclewen, 

I'm farily satisfied with Xfinity Mobile. Have had it since Sept 18th of 2017. 2 lines are By the Gig and 1 line is on the UNLIMITED plan. 3 lines in total. We didn't get our phones from XM so we've had problems with Voice of LTE recently. [edit: we did in fact purchased 3 LG X Charges directly from XM. One LG X Charge is being used. Two others are not being used. Instead, we use 1) Apple iPhone 7 Plus and 2) Essential Phone instead of the two other LG X Charges.] The first couple of months, we didn't have the VoLTE problem. VoLTE worked. But during the latest billing cycle refresh, we lost VoLTE on the 2 phones that are NOT purchased from XM. We have NOT been able to resolve this VoLTE problem as XM's official position is that because they don't have a BYOD plan yet, these non-XM phones are not supported. I can live with that because I was aware of that before coming over to XM. But of course I am NOT happy about the situation. But we will wait to see what happens when BYOD is officially offered nationwide.

The other problem we had was that the iPhone 7 plus NEVER was able to offer personal wifi hotspot -- tethering. That's again something that XM won't offer to you or offer to help you resolve unless your phone was purchased from XM. But on the android side, tethering works. I am able to tether to my Essential Phone. Works well. 

So I would say if you plan to buy phones from XM direclty, they are not bad -- espeically given that they are on Verizon's backbone. But if you plan on bringing your own phone and want VoLTE or wifi personal hotspot, then it may not work out for you. 

Otherwise, we haven't run into the problems many others have posted. But we also took a very cautious approach. We purchased three LG X Charge phones for $1 a piece to test things out. If it didn't work out, we could leave as there's no contract. But so far, it's working out enough for us to stick around. 

If you're pretty techicial, then I would say give it a try. But if you're not very techical and want to bring your own phone to XM, I'd suggest you hold off until they have their BYOD program fully implemented and offered nationwide. Good luck. 

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to post!  We are planning on new phones (trying to decide between iPhone X and iPhone 8 Plus), so we shouldn’t experience the issues with non-Xfinity phones. Plus, it sounds like BYOD is coming nationwide soon (maybe next week based on another thread).  I am technical and generally self sufficient.

Regular Contributor

Rclewen wrote:

Lakino wrote:

Rclewen, 

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to post!  We are planning on new phones (trying to decide between iPhone X and iPhone 8 Plus), so we shouldn’t experience the issues with non-Xfinity phones. Plus, it sounds like BYOD is coming nationwide soon (maybe next week based on another thread).  I am technical and generally self sufficient.

Then I think you can/should give it a try. Your situation sounds like the ideal one for moving over to XM. 

Let's hope the BYOD is a succesful rollout. 

Regular Contributor

Regular Contributor

Contributor

Lakino wrote:

Rclewen wrote:

Su2z wrote:

Rclewen, 

How is the Essential holding-up for you?   I too have one and the experience was flawless till the next cycle came along.   I suddenly lost the ability to call and receive calls.   I do however retained data and texting which was fine to some extent.  I found a band-aid soulution for the calls using my Google Voice number and it worked perfectly. 

Like you, I got the LG X Charge and I lost VoLTE on that when I switched back from the Essential.   I had to get a new SIM and countless hours on the phone with customer support t get everything where it used to be.  

At this point, I hope BYOD comes soon because I love my Essential and I want to keep using it.   If it doesn't materialize or just exclusive for iPhones, I will jump ship and go prepaid on some other network.

Regular Contributor

ericksco wrote:

BYOD program fully implemented and offered nationwide. Good luck. 

How is the Essential holding-up for you?   I too have one and the experience was flawless till the next cycle came along.   I suddenly lost the ability to call and receive calls.   I do however retained data and texting which was fine to some extent.  I found a band-aid soulution for the calls using my Google Voice number and it worked perfectly. 

Like you, I got the LG X Charge and I lost VoLTE on that when I switched back from the Essential.   I had to get a new SIM and countless hours on the phone with customer support t get everything where it used to be.  

At this point, I hope BYOD comes soon because I love my Essential and I want to keep using it.   If it doesn't materialize or just exclusive for iPhones, I will jump ship and go prepaid on some other network.

ericksco, the Essential Phone is an awesome Android phone with one glaring deficiency: camera. 

I had the same problem you had with no voice calls and that's because of VoLTE. The Essential phone defaults to VoLTE so when XM turned off VoLTE on your sim, you had no voice capabilities. I had the exact same problem. Once I determine it was VoLTE that was the culprit, I was able to resolve the issue by turning off VoLTE on Essential Phone. 

Go into SETTINGS

Then click on MORE under Data Usage

Then Cellular Networks

There you'll find Enhanced 4G LTE Mode

It should be turned on. Turn that off and you'll get your voice again. Because it won't be over VoLTE, you won't have HD calling anymore, so voice calls will sound pretty crappy again, but at least you'll have voice again. If you make a lot of voice calls, this will be really annoying. If you don't make much voice calls then it won't matter too much.

I'm also worreid that XM will concentrate on iPhones only -- and perhaps Samsung phones -- for their BYOD program. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Is anyone happy?

if there is one take away from the many frustrated “bitter” comments: this service is not ready for prime time. You can justify the contractual obligations by extreme low monthly cost until you realize that there is no “service” to be paid for.

Simple fact: there is NO XFINITY MOBILE SERVICE but there is an xfinity mobile contract legally held by the the monstrosity of COMCAST. You are on an autopay .... attached to ALL YOUR MEDIA. There are no problems small enough for xfinity mobile to resolve. They reprovision your phone when it turns on the first time (CHANGE THE SOFTWARE) on the device. You will lose basic features of the phone you PAID FOR.

Does that answer your question?

Good luck and please don’t fall for this massive ripoff.
Tags (1)
21E51012-0154-4C7B-999E-E0C59A7ADCE5.jpeg
01BB214A-E374-4259-BB86-8F72B903264C.jpeg
C081BF80-4A6B-4450-B912-C470B89D4627.jpeg
Frequent Visitor

It's saving me money over ATT with 2 new phones with insurance on top and haven't had any issues. So yes , I am happy with the service.
Contributor

xfinity Mobile ,,,, im very Happy ,,, Got one LG phone for a Dollar , paid full price for other ,,, not a big deal , always use WIFI while on internet ,,, great phone service ,,, the Dollar phone , I pay Nothing each month for , the other one a few bucks till the phone is paid ,,, Troubles with billing .... Just make sure you understand what Data is ... Wish I was as Happy with Comcast Internet and TV ... just remember , these are Customer Service People , trying to help when needed 

Contributor

Rclewen wrote:

ericksco wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks...  Again, what present of customers have those issues? Hopefully the issues with non-Xfinity provided phones go away with BYOD finally coming, but only time will tell.  We’re paying AT&T way too much and with my daughter moving other own plan my wife and I only use an average of 3G data/month so the by-the-gig plan is very attractive. Even with buying new phones we would be saving money over our current plan.

If you comb the posts in here, you will see people losing VoLTE, and/or voicemail, etc...  In my opinion a lot of that may be caused by a SIM swap to a non-Xfinity phone.  I may be wrong though...   You can also see posts about exghanges gone bonkers.   People getting hit with outrageous Returned Item charge on their credit cards/bank accounts without notification or proof whatsoever from XFinity. I went through all that  but got  my money back.  I've read a lot of them when I was going through that experience and it is aggravating as it happens quite frequently, and, it is exactly the same experience each time!

Like you, I came from AT&T and paid so much money with outdated phones.   I have 3 lines and we do save a good amount of money with this service.    Am I happy?  Mostly yes.   My 2 lines ( wife's  & daughter's) are pretty maintenance free since they don't dork around with their phones like I do. So that's the happy part. :-)

Regular Visitor

im happy and doing an iphone byod tomorrow. been here since may, xfinity mobile is good.
Regular Contributor

arvinsmark2 wrote:
im happy and doing an iphone byod tomorrow. been here since may, xfinity mobile is good.

arvinsmark2, please come back after your byod iphone experience and post here. I'm very interested to hear about anyone's experience with doing byod at an Xfinity Store. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

@Lakino

iphone 6s port was smooth as silk. brought my verizon account number and pin and had the IMEI pulled up(Settings->General->About). Porting was faster than waiting for the 2 people ahead of me in line.

charge was $2 and some cents, agent indicated this will be the monthly amount(taxes/fees) before any data use.

YMMV if you're coming from a different carrier. AT&T sells slightly different iphones for example, something about radio bands.

Regular Contributor

arvinsmark2 wrote:

@Lakino

iphone 6s port was smooth as silk. brought my verizon account number and pin and had the IMEI pulled up(Settings->General->About). Porting was faster than waiting for the 2 people ahead of me in line.

charge was $2 and some cents, agent indicated this will be the monthly amount(taxes/fees) before any data use.

YMMV if you're coming from a different carrier. AT&T sells slightly different iphones for example, something about radio bands.

arvinsmark2, congrats on the smooth port! Welcome to XM and hope everything continues this smoothly for you. :-)

Frequent Visitor

We've used Xfinity Mobile since August with zero issues.  We had Verizon before, and we're getting the same service at a 50% discount.  I think part of what made it such a smooth tansition was having an Xfinity store down the street.  I couldn't imagine trying to accomplish a port over the phone with their infamous customer service.   

Contributor

arvinsmark2 wrote:

@Lakino

Thanks! I am thinking about this as an option.

Most Valued Poster

I happy.  Phone works great.  Costs me $1.26 a month.  Why in heavens name would I not be happy.  I was paying ATT over 40 bucks a month for a cell service that was comparable to two tin cans a piece of string.  

Contributor

Well, we decided to give XM a try. My wife and I walked into the local Xfinity store and walked out 45 minutes later with two IPhone X, both activated and both of our AT&T numbers ported.  Austen, the rep (or whatever they are called) was great!

Once we got home I backed up both of our old phones and restored the backup onto the new phones, finished the setup (Face ID, etc) and we’re up and running!  Even paying for the new phones we are saving over AT&T.

We’ll see how it goes over time!

Official Employee

Hi All, 

It's nice to see some of your positive experiences here. If anyone needs any support with XFINITY Mobile or your residential services, please shoot me a private message for assistance (if you haven't already). 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am over the moon with xfinity mobile always have wifi.
Contributor

Just read my post " Smooth  Sailing". The last part of my post just happens today. To a large part of the customers with XM it is smooth sailing. The forums are for the most part a place to get help and not very balanced as to whether the service is good or not.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats