Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Iphone 7 and 7 Plus WIFI Calling Glitch- CALL FAIL, BOTH INCOMING AND OUTGOING

Regular Visitor

Iphone 7 and 7 Plus WIFI Calling Glitch- CALL FAIL, BOTH INCOMING AND OUTGOING

Hi- Bought an Iphone 7 plus and Iphone 7 on May 1 of 2017, had no issues with the phone with dropped calls.  When I moved in August of last year, our cell service went from strong to non-existent (not Xfinity Mobile's fault).  I was excited to try WIFI Calling, but realized it was not quite ready yet.  No problem.  I have a separate Iphone 7 via Verizon for my work phone, WIFI calling works fine.  So, I patiently waited.  Got the new update of iOS of 11.2.6?  It was needed to enable WIFI Calling on Xfinity Mobile.  I did this back in March and ever since I have done it, I have experienced the following:

- outgoing calls:  the receiving end gets a "Call Failed" notification when trying to answer my call, and shortly after gets a call back and we can talk.

- incoming calls:  when people call me, and I try to answer, I immediately get call failed.  I have to call the other person back (and they sometimes can answer).

What I have tried, both over the phone and in the Xfinity Store, as well as with Apple- hard reset, factory reset, new SIM card, disable WIFI calling, Airplane mode, etc...  You name it, I have tried it.

Even with WIFI calling not turned on this happens, whether I am connected to WIFI or LTE, makes no difference.  It makes my iPhone essentially a glorified data device not suitable for calls.

Question 1- has anyone else experienced this?

Question 2- is there a solution??

As a Comcast Employee, I signed on with hopes to use this product and share it with people.  At this point, I am not comfortable doing so until there is resolution on this.

New Poster

Re: Iphone 7 and 7 Plus WIFI Calling Glitch- CALL FAIL, BOTH INCOMING AND OUTGOING

Yes! Exact same problem as yours! Started doing this right after WiFi calling was introduced!

Official Employee

Re: Iphone 7 and 7 Plus WIFI Calling Glitch- CALL FAIL, BOTH INCOMING AND OUTGOING

Hello all, I am more than happy to assist you with getting your Wi-Fi calling feature to work correctly. If you need further assistance, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, phone number, and XM account number. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Nike25! I have been looking for others that have Been dealing with this for a few weeks now. I keep getting told they have never heard this before. Glad to know it is not just me.
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation