Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I want to join but chance of move for work in 6mos. Then do i lose coverage?

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

I gave xfinity, duh... there is a small chance my buddy and I are starting a company where xfinity/Comcast is not offered.  Although just a possibility I'd like to know if I would lose coverage because the location of the home were looking at doesn't have xfitity tv/internet options.

i have AT&T, contract is awful and Xfinity services have been great but that minor chance the move happens and xfinity is not available by then am I going to lose my cell account/number/ have to pay the contract termination at that time if it happened?

anyone else worried about this since xfinity isn't everywhere like the big carriers

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 3

zippy74 wrote:

I gave xfinity, duh... there is a small chance my buddy and I are starting a company where xfinity/Comcast is not offered.  Although just a possibility I'd like to know if I would lose coverage because the location of the home were looking at doesn't have xfitity tv/internet options.

i have AT&T, contract is awful and Xfinity services have been great but that minor chance the move happens and xfinity is not available by then am I going to lose my cell account/number/ have to pay the contract termination at that time if it happened?

anyone else worried about this since xfinity isn't everywhere like the big carriers

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/221758527/will-canceling-my-xfinity-internet-affect-m...

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 3

zippy74, if you move to a location that is outside the Comcast footprint for Internet services, you can still keep your mobile plan. In that case, there are line access fees that would apply for each line but you would be able to keep your number(s), phone(s), and plan(s). 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon