Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How can I get a "Pending Install" removed

Contributor

How can I get a "Pending Install" removed

I originally placed my order on Monday, August 28th.
Several calls later to xfinity's customer service I finally got an email stating my order was being prepared.
The next day, September 8th, my visa card was charged.
One week later September 14th, Boom, order cancelled!
By the way, I did NOT request the order to be canceled as it said in the email they sent me approximately one week after the email saying they were "preparing your order".
I've spent well over 6 hours on hold over the past month. No one has a firm grasp on what is going on.
I went to my local store to buy my phones there. They couldn't sell them to me because my account has a "pending install" notification on it.
Seriously, why is my xfinity mobile account still "pending install" for phones I never received?
I should have bought my phones at an xfinity store last month.
Who knew that ordering online would be the biggest mistake I made.
Please! release the "pending install" so I can walk into a store and purchase my phones.

Contributor

Re: How can I get a "Pending Install" removed

Four weeks from original order, problems still not solved.

Due to the overwhelming incompetence on the part of Xfinity Mobile we are experiencing longer than normal wait times.

Contributor

Day 28 and still no resolution.  

I think they should play a recording of the following statement repeatedly while they put you on hold for hours at a time.

Due to the overwhelming incompetence on the part of Xfinity Mobile's upper corporate executive management we are experiencing longer than normal wait times.  

Regular Contributor

DT yes ordering from XfinMob has been very frustrating for many customers with no clear expectations why orders were cancelled. They cancelled one of my orders and messed up another.  

When you say your account is pending you are saying the XfinityMobile order is pending. That you are already an Xfinity triple play member in good standing? If so try DM'ing one of the Comcast employees who post on these forums like ComcastKenF. They have had good success in clearing up problems like yours.

Contributor

Day 29, still no resolution.
Thanks, WindsurfMaui, I'll try ComcastKenF
The order was cancelled and the charge to my Visa was refunded. The account is waiting for me to install/activate the phones that I never received, hence the "Pending install". Untill they remove this from my account I cannot order or purchase any new phones.
And yes, I am a long time Comcast/xfinity internet customer, some would say too long.

Contributor

Day 31, still no resolution.

However, ComcastKenF did reply to my direct message.

I'm crossing my fingers that he can get my account straightened out.

Contributor

Day 32, still no resolution.

Official Employee

ducktape_soluti, I'm waiting to hear back from Tier 2. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Uuuuggggg, Day 33 still no resolution. 

Why are they waiting for me to activate phones they never sent me?

How hard can this be? Seriously!

Contributor

Day 34, Zero, Zip, Zilch, Nada

Contributor

DAY 36,  What The 

1. Xfinity cancelled my order, therefore
  2. Xfinity did NOT send me any phones, therefore
  3. I can NOT "Install"/activate them, therefore
  4. Why is there still a "Pending Install" attached to my account?

I would like to know.

1. What is Xfinity waiting for?
  2. What else does Xfinity need to know?
  3. How many more days is Xfinity going to drag this out?
  4. Why is there still a "Pending Install" attached to my account?

Contributor

Tier 2; Real or Imaginary

For your consideration;

If a mythical Tier 2 representative cuts down a tree in the forest, and there’s nobody around to hear, does it make a sound?

Cable Expert

Re: Tier 2; Real or Imaginary

You might want to PM @ComcastKenF 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

ducktape_soluti wrote:

For your consideration;

If a mythical Tier 2 representative cuts down a tree in the forest, and there’s nobody around to hear, does it make a sound?

DT I have spoken to live Tier 2 reps on the phone. But I can understand your frustration. There should be an answer to every problem so it is frustrating when you can't get someone to give you the answer.

Contributor

It's more than frustrating, it's ridiculous. I've seen eight year olds running lemonade stands with better customer service than xfinity's. It's beyond all reason that they're able to get away with it.

It looks to me that the only activity they're capable of accomplishing quickly and efficiently is the removal of unwanted post in their "Help and Support Forum". They can take down an errant post faster than they can cancel your order, considerably faster than the time it takes them to call you back. Actually, I've never had a call back, I've been promised call backs, but never had one, so I don't know how long that takes.

Seriously, how hard could it be to remove a "pending Install" for an order that they cancelled.

I feel like I'm being scammed. This is the worst (for real, I can not think of one that comes close) customer service experience I have had with a major corporation.

If it looks like a scam, swims like a scam, and quacks like a scam, then it probably is a ............................

Regular Contributor

DT I think XfinityMobile was more successful, faster than Comcast expected and they are just understaffed with people who understand the XfinityMobile software so the backlog is huge.

Official Employee

ducktape_soluti wrote:

It's more than frustrating, it's ridiculous. I've seen eight year olds running lemonade stands with better customer service than xfinity's. It's beyond all reason that they're able to get away with it.

It looks to me that the only activity they're capable of accomplishing quickly and efficiently is the removal of unwanted post in their "Help and Support Forum". They can take down an errant post faster than they can cancel your order, considerably faster than the time it takes them to call you back. Actually, I've never had a call back, I've been promised call backs, but never had one, so I don't know how long that takes.

Seriously, how hard could it be to remove a "pending Install" for an order that they cancelled.

I feel like I'm being scammed. This is the worst (for real, I can not think of one that comes close) customer service experience I have had with a major corporation.

If it looks like a scam, swims like a scam, and quacks like a scam, then it probably is a ............................

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I am now working directly with our Xfinity Mobile team to get you an update and proper expectations regarding your order.

Thanks for your continued patience.  

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

ComcastTeds wrote:

ducktape_soluti wrote:

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I am now working directly with our Xfinity Mobile team to get you an update and proper expectations regarding your order.

Thanks for your continued patience.  

Apologies again.

To provide a follow-up, our Xfinity MobiIe team reviewed your account this morning. I can confirm that the order was indeed canceled as part of an End-of-Life issue with the iPhone 6s.

The original cost was refunded in full, however the pending lines of service were never deactivated, which ended up with having your account in the state it was in.

The Xfinity Mobile team went ahead and deactivated the pending lines of service manually.

Chris G. on our Xfinity Mobile team is expected to reach out today to go over the details.

I know the leadership team of Xfinity Mobile will be taking a deeper look into what happened here so that we can all learn from this incident and work to prevent and alleviate these sorts of issues from occurring in the future.

Thanks for your extreme patience over the past month. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes, DT I can echo this truth that the company can take down unwanted post very efficiently (my guess is with combination of 'smart' flagging algorithms and dedicated prople doing this), either that or they "move" it to other topic where it won't be seen. My post DID NOT violate their forum guidelines, but was my observation that it looked like they were in a jamb with the flood of mobile phone orders and had to figure out way to bail themselces out quicky (i.e. drop/hold/cancel orders). They are also masters of Orwellian speak; in my case my original order was on a "hold", but I would have to place a new order for the now no - longer backordered LG phone, so I asked my CSR directly "a hold that can't be released is truly not a hold but a cancellation, correct?". She of course wasnt allowed to answer that in the affirmative.
Official Employee

ETJOHNS86 wrote:
Yes, DT I can echo this truth that the company can take down unwanted post very efficiently (my guess is with combination of 'smart' flagging algorithms and dedicated prople doing this), either that or they "move" it to other topic where it won't be seen. My post DID NOT violate their forum guidelines, but was my observation that it looked like they were in a jamb with the flood of mobile phone orders and had to figure out way to bail themselces out quicky (i.e. drop/hold/cancel orders). They are also masters of Orwellian speak; in my case my original order was on a "hold", but I would have to place a new order for the now no - longer backordered LG phone, so I asked my CSR directly "a hold that can't be released is truly not a hold but a cancellation, correct?". She of course wasnt allowed to answer that in the affirmative.

Apologies. Are you still having an issue with your Xfinity Mobile order? If yes, please let me know either here or via PM (Private Message) with some additional details so we can make this right. 

You can click on my name (ComcastTeds) and scroll down to a link that says “Private Message Me”.
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/4833257

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee
Moved:

Pending Activation Line

Official Employee

Hi westbike, I can assist you with deactivating your 4th line. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and the phone number associated with your account by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and the click "private message me"?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.