Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Hilariously slow download speeds

Frequent Visitor

Hilariously slow download speeds

Hello all, so, who besides me is So Excited to be paying $192/mo for a WHOPPING 1.5mb/down and 0.2mb/up?

Cause this is thrilling!

Seriously, What the Heck is going on?
Screenshot_20180711-225328_Speedtest.jpg
Contributor

Re: Hilariously slow download speeds

@xGenesisx wrote:
Hello all, so, who besides me is So Excited to be paying $192/mo for a WHOPPING 1.5mb/down and 0.2mb/up?

Cause this is thrilling!

Seriously, What the Heck is going on?

Thats hillariously lousy! but what locations have these been recorded? and do you know if native Verizon in those areas do any better there?  I have moved from Verion to XM and seeing mixed results.  I dont have a whole lot of actual data to compare, so cant pass a judgement. I would assume Verizon treats their MVNOs (XM is a Verizon MVNO) as a second class citizens and not provide the throughput as post paid Verizon customers but thats only an assumption and I dont have any data to back that up!

Here is a screenprint of recorded data over the last couple of months (iPhone 7+).   Also what device is yours? lot of times the phone modem is a factor as well.  I'm assuming Samsung S9 would have better speeds because of its latest and greated gigabit modem as opposed to other devices (almost none of the competition has its fastest LTE modem).

IMG_5FE8FA26CB95-1.jpeg