members

online now

discussions

Galaxy S8 Video Chat

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

Galaxy S8 Video Chat

I've been recently trying to figure out how to video chat with my new S8, however when I try to turn video chat on in the phone call settings I get the response "Your Video Calling serice on your account was turned off. Please contact customer service to have the service turned on". I'm not really sure what that entails me to do. I tried looking in the XFinity Account app but I couldn't find an option to toggle it.

Accepted Solution

Re: Galaxy S8 Video Chat

spinemj, the video calling switching can be accessed in the phone app-->settings.  HD Voice must be activated to turn Video calling on or off. 

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

I didn't l even know the S8 had video chat. Is it a preloaded app?? I don't see anything on mine. I have an S8+, which I doubt it makes a difference.
New Poster

I am having the same issue! Have you found an answer?
New Poster

The Video calling switch in the call settings are actually to link with Xfinity internet service.. the Video Calling app is in your Apps list called "Duo hope that helped.
Official Employee

spinemj, the video calling switching can be accessed in the phone app-->settings.  HD Voice must be activated to turn Video calling on or off. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon