Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Frustrated! $500 visa promotion not valid anymore?

New Poster

Frustrated! $500 visa promotion not valid anymore?

I just bought an iphone x at store when a rep told me i was eligible for some $500 gift card. I already had internet and tv for like 5 months or so .. the rep said i am still eligible due to some "retention program" or something like that ... when i did a chat this morning, they are saying not eligible and to contact billing for misunderstanding ..

i am stuck what should i do? Inhumane! I so feel like disconnecting all the sevices as there are other better promotional offers from other carriers ... advice please!

Contributor

Re: Frustrated! $500 visa promotion not valid anymore?

Go back to the store where you purchased this , talk to the rep who said you would get the Promotion ,, explain 

what now has happened , If the rep was wrong ,  and it seems like he/she was , talk to a supervisor , perhaps 

Xfinity would make this right or partially right ,,, always get names ...

Official Employee

Hi venkatvk, If you’re new to XFINITY and purchase Internet and TV, plus XFINITY Mobile, between October 2 and December 4, 2017, you may be eligible to receive a $500 Visa Prepaid Card. Here's what you need to know.

You may be eligible if...

• You are a new XFINITY residential customer who buys XFINITY Internet and XFINITY Starter TV (or above) with a term agreement, plus XFINITY Mobile
  • You sign up for the qualifying XFINITY Internet and TV services between October 2 and December 4, 2017
  • You purchase an XFINITY Mobile line no later than seven days after your XFINITY Internet installation
  • You purchase a new Apple, Samsung, or LG device when you sign up for XFINITY Mobile
  • You transfer at least one line of mobile service—meaning, move your phone number from another carrier to XFINITY Mobile

How to sign up and get your Visa Prepaid Card

1. Go to xfinity.com, call 1-800-XFINITY, or visit an XFINITY Store and sign up for qualifying Internet and TV services
  2. Create credentials for your new XFINITY account (you will be prompted to do this when you sign up for your qualifying services)
  3. No later than seven days after your XFINITY Internet installation, go to xfinitymobile.com and purchase at least one line of service with a transferred number
  4. Maintain your XFINITY Internet, TV, and Mobile accounts in good standing for 90 days
  5. Receive your $500 Visa Prepaid Card in the mail within 18 weeks from when all your XFINITY services are activated
  6. Go out and enjoy your Visa Prepaid Card—it will expire in 180 days from when it was issued 

If you have questions about signing up for XFINITY Mobile or your eligibility for the $500 Visa Prepaid Card, give us a call at (888) 936-4968. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I order my iPhone x a couple weeks ago. I doubt I get it by the 4th so won’t be able to activate it by then. I signed up for the 500 promo but since I won’t be able to activate by the end of the promo will I not be eligible?
Official Employee

Mrigby002 wrote: I order my iPhone x a couple weeks ago. I doubt I get it by the 4th so won’t be able to activate it by then. I signed up for the 500 promo but since I won’t be able to activate by the end of the promo will I not be eligible?

As long as you're a new internet customer and have signed up for a qualifying internet/TV service you will still be eligible. Your phones activation date will just push the process out further, rather than cancelling your eligibility. Line 3 is one of the main things you want to pay attention to, as long as you started the service within those 7 days after your internet was install you will receive your gift card. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

No I’m existing internet customer. I got the retention promo. I was asking about the delay in activating for that.
Official Employee

No I’m existing internet customer. I got the retention promo. I was asking about the delay in activating for that.

Mrigby002, the activation does not have to take place by 12/4-- just ordered. However, when the prepaid card is fulfilled, an active XFINITY Mobile line must be on the account.

KenF

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

wowo .. you pretty much copy pasted. I know these, but some rep told me otherwise and hence the confusion ... I was hoping for better! Anyway thx

New Poster

I was told same about a 200 reward card not available, I called so many times and always told different stuff
Official Employee

Hi lburkos, 

Sorry for the experience you've had. I'd like to review your account and see if I can help. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation