Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fraudulent Xfinity Mobile Orders - On hold nearly 2 hours

New Poster

Fraudulent Xfinity Mobile Orders - On hold nearly 2 hours

I received 3 email confirmations for orders I did not place. I called the number in the email (888) 936-4968 to report that I did not make the order. They transferred me to another number and I have been on hold 1 hour and 44 minutes as of now. Is there anyway I can get this resolved and the orders cancelled? This is absolutely ridiculous.

Official Employee

Re: Fraudulent Xfinity Mobile Orders - On hold nearly 2 hours

mofucius, please visit https://www.xfinity.com/IDTheftclaimform to file a claim if you haven't already. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Did you get any help?  Same thing happened to me.  I think it is absurd to file a report and get a form notarized if I dont even know what is going on!

New Poster

Hi same thing happened to me.  Do you get order email on comcast email or other?  Mine is sent to gmail account. 

Official Employee

amelendez253 and Jebt, please file a formal claim using the link above. Additionally, you can reach out to our Customer Security Assurance ID Theft Team's direct line at 844-335-8719. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Same problem, someone orders phones in another state with their credit card but somehow my account.

This is NOT identity theft, this is isolated and indicates lax account controls at the new Xfinity Mobile!  None of the four people i've spoken with on phone have indicated I need to hassle with the identity theft paperwork.

Thing that gets me is the phones are still with FedEx but Comcrocks aren't interested in simply getting their shipments returned and not lose the phones. Will see if I get the return call they say will finalize this fiasco.

Official Employee

Same problem, someone orders phones in another state with their credit card but somehow my account.

This is NOT identity theft, this is isolated and indicates lax account controls at the new Xfinity Mobile!  None of the four people i've spoken with on phone have indicated I need to hassle with the identity theft paperwork.

Thing that gets me is the phones are still with FedEx but Comcrocks aren't interested in simply getting their shipments returned and not lose the phones. Will see if I get the return call they say will finalize this fiasco.\

rjarek, which fraud team are you working with? did you speak with the CSA team?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Same thing happened to me, they make it so easy to order 3 $950 phones out of state, but when you try to fix it they make you jump through hoops like a dog

Official Employee

jarteaga, I will provide you with updates in our private message thread. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday.  I called the number provided and they transferred me to the ID Theft department.  Within a few minutes he had taken my information and assured me the orders would be cancelled within 24 hours and I would receive a notice.

I called again today to make sure the cancellation was going through and was told it would take 48-72 hours and that it should be completed by tomorrow.

I asked about the Fraud form and filing a police report and was instructed not to.  The Xfinity representative in the ID Theft department said that form was only used when someone opens a new Comcast account under someone else's name.  I don't undersand why you are directing people to that link if that is not the correct information.  It is absurd to make your customers file a police report, get it notorized, and mail in the information.  By the time you received it through the mail, the phones would have already been shipped and gone.

Official Employee

Morsebs138, the claims website I have posted is our fraud referral on the forums. If customers have concerns about the process, they can reach out to the customer security assurance team as they are the point persons for this issue.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I'm having the same problem and I'm not an Xfinity Mobile customer, only a regular Comcast Internet subscriber.  I received an email saying that my order was being processed and called the number in the email after comparing it to the number on the website.  The service on the first call was so bad that I thought it was a scam.  They gave me a number to the fraud department, saying that they couldn't transfer me.  When I called the number the message said that it was no longer in service.  I called back again and the agent kept insisting that I give him my Xfinity Mobile account information, even though I have no account.  Eventually he transferred me to the Fraud department, where I sat on hold for an hour without a connection.

This morning, I started getting texts and emails with verification codes for my account.  This means that someone managed to create an Xfinity Mobile account with my email address and phone number.  Thankfully I have two-factor authentication set up, so I can confirm my email account isn't compromised.  

Official Employee

sjcrain79, did you reach out to the Customer Security Assurance team here: 844-335-8719? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Yes, that was the number I was directed to by the second customer service agent.  I was on hold in excess of 1 hour each time I called, but was unable to stay on hold because I have a toddler to take care of.

Official Employee

Yes, that was the number I was directed to by the second customer service agent.  I was on hold in excess of 1 hour each time I called, but was unable to stay on hold because I have a toddler to take care of.

I understand, sjcrain79. You can start the claims process here: https://www.xfinity.com/IDTheftclaimform. Once you've mailed the required forums, a member of the Customer Security Assurance team will reach out to you. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I just got off the phone with support who said that they would start an investigation.

According to her, this has started because Comcast added a feature to start service and order devices from their website, while charging the account.  This seems like a feature ripe for abuse, especially when you allow orders to go somewhere other than the service address.  

Official Employee

sjcrain79, glad you were able to get in contact with a member of the Security team. They'll be your contact person for this issue. Let me know if you need anything else.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.