Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fraudulent Mobile Account

Frequent Visitor

Fraudulent Mobile Account

As many others have reported... there has been a fraudulent mobile account added to my Xfinity/Comcast service.  This includes three phones being ordered and shipped to an address in Texas and I'm in Utah.  I never have resided or had any type of accounts in Texas.  Customer service and the fraud department have been zero help with the problem.  They blamed the situation on me, which I could understand if this was not a common problem over the last several months with Xfinity/Comcast accounts.  I spoke to the supposed highest level of person in the fraud department without any reasolution to the problem.  There was an offer to have some call me to try and get a resolution.  i have serious doubts there will be a call.  It really seemed like a way to get me off the phone.

I need help getting the fraudulent activity removed from my account.

Official Employee

Re: Fraudulent Mobile Account

dc5111, did you speak with the fraud team at XFINITY Mobile or our Customer Security Assurance team? 

We take these matters very seriously. Please go to www.xfinity.com/fraudclaimform to submit a claim or call the Customer Security Assurance ID Theft team at 844-335-8719 as soon as possible.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I called customer service, they transferred me to the fraud department.  I spoke the first faud rep and he was zero help, no info, no documentation, just blamed me... which is ridulous given the already many other instances.  The second fraud rep, a supposed supervisor that refused a converation with a manager, was also zero help, just said fraud was noted on the account.  I DON'T have an Xfinity/Comcast Mobile account.  It needs to be removed so there are no future problems or credit issues on my part.

I aready looked at the fraud form.  It's way too much for something that is the fault and problem of Xfinity/Comcast.  Plus there is no way I'm providing you with personal info in that unsecure manner.  Remember, your organization's security issues caused this problem that I'm already hours into trying to deal fix, without any resolution!

Official Employee

dc5111, I understand where you're coming from. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Have you tried calling XFINITY Mobile to have that order blocked? The CSA team is the pointperson/team that handles all fraud, so the investigation must be handled by them. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I did not order anything!  Xfinity/Comcast fraud should take care or stopping any orders, not me. It's their problem and they should handle it as such.

New Poster

I am currently on the phone with Comcast Fraud.  On 12/26 after recieving the "Xfinity mobile order processed" email - I called Comcast customer sevice and they said it looked like an internal error.  I immediately receveid a lifelock alert after recieving the email.  Lifelock said it was resovled and not problematic because my SSN was not used.  Fast forward to today (about 7 days) and FED EX was trying to deliver something to my door that required an adult to sign for.  I called FED EX and they told me it was from Comcast.  I was naturally curious and called Comcast to find out that 4 phones were purchased under my Xifinity account with a credit card associated with the account.  I asked the Customer Account rep to delete the CC number as it was not mine (I checked the last 4 digits she gave me) - I guess she couldn't do that.  *sigh*.  Any way, I am now waiting for the fraud department to pick up.  I have been on hold for about 20 minutes.  What is concerning to me is that could someone really be that bad of a scammer to set up 4 phones on a hijacked account (mine) and still send the phones to MY HOUSE?  Is there more to this?  Comcast has a PR nightmare on their hands with this one and should get the heck in front of it sooner rather than later.  

Frequent Visitor

The phones for the fraudulent account attached to my account are going to Texas and I'm in Utah.

I'm sure Xfinity/Comcast does not care about their account holders or the PR from something like this.  They are the only cable provider in my area, if you want cable you have no choice.  We do have Dish and Direct TV available, but you have to obtain internet service from Centurylink or Digis if you don't use Comcast.

This is the second screw-up by Comcast for me in less than a month.  A few weeks ago they shut-off our office internet ahead a planned move.  They blamed us for incorrect paperwork initially, until I explained how how their business reps handled that situation.

New Poster

I have the same thing happen to me. 5 phones were ordered through my Comcast account on 12/31/17. I called Comcast and alerted them about the fraudulent activity. I don't even have an Xfinity Mobile account. Four of the phone orders were blocked, but one still got through. I saw that the phone was being sent out and called Xfinity Mobile. The rep said they will contact FedEx to stop the phone from being delivered. As of today, the phone is scheduled to be delivered to some address in Modesto on 1/4/18. So ridiculous! 

At this point I've spoken to reps in both the Fraud department and Xfinity Mobile multiple times. No one has been able to help to close the fraudulent account. They keep telling me to use an anti-virus software on my computer and to change my password. Comcast needs to take responsibility. I've spent precious time and energy filing a police report and getting the affidavit notorized so I can file a formal claim with Comcast. All this to protect my credit. 

Official Employee

Hello all, 

I recommend reaching out to the CSA team to have this investigated and reaching out to XFINITY Mobile to see what can be done to mark those orders/accounts as fraud.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

ComcastKenF, you are clearly not reading the prevous posts.  As others have stipulated, they have followed the steps you outlined with no action or resolution on the part of Xfinity/Comcast.  

If you actually read my posts you will learn that I have contacted the following departments in the following ways:

• 01-03-2018 Customer service 800-934-6489 - Action transferred to faud dept IH23985819
  • 01-03-2018 Fraud dept, George said, without any confirmation that the fraudulent account would be taken care of, no documentation of further information.  Asked to speak to a manager or decision maker.  Transferred to Kevin.  A supposed supervisor
  • 01-03-2018 Kevin said the fraudulent account would be taken care, no information or proof of any action.  Asked to speak to a manager or decision maker and was told that he was the highest level person that would speak on the phone.  I had to ask for a reference number for this problem.  He gave me case number NA249552348.  Referred me to have a manager call me back, no call back.  Clearly just a way to get me off the phone. 
  • 01-03-20108 Posted on the Xfinity forum.  ComcastKenF repsonds but with no real information to get a resolution.  
  • 01-03-2018 Contacted Xfinity Mobile via chat, Lance was the CS rep, no resolution, just go back to the fraud dept.

Thus going in circles without any real help or resolution to a Xfinity/Comcast caused problem.  Leaving me with lots of wasted time and energy.  Starting over today...

ComcastKenF... If you are not going to read the posts and respond in a helpful manner then don't post anything at all!!!!

Official Employee

I understand your frustrations but the only team processing and resolving issues with fraud is the CSA team. At this time, the corporate forums team does not investigate fraud claims--that is reserved for CSA.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Hey ComcastKenF, the problem is I have done this and there is no resolution.  There are many people in this situation.  Xfinity/Comcast keeps letting this happen.  No stopping the situation from happening or resolving the issue once it does happen.  As you say contact CSA, not exactly sure what that is, and you provide no actual contact info.  All of that equals... no help!

Look on the Xfinity Facebook page, it's the same thing over and over without any action to stop or resolve the situation.

Official Employee

I understand. The only contact info I have for them is 844-335-8719. Some forums users have been able to use that number to have an investigation opened with a corresponding ticket. I have forwarded the feedback to my leadership to see if we can provide forum members with additional info for help. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I called 844-335-8719 and was on hold for 35 minutes.  The rep asked when the complaint was filed and if I completed paperwork.  I told him I owuld not send my ID to Xfinity/Comcast... the rep hung-up on me.  Again a waste of time and energy.  Absolutely the worst sercustomer service possible.

Official Employee

That does not sound like a good experience. I encourage you to reach out again as they are the team that can help. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have had the same experiences.....although after filing a claim with the fraud department on Dec. 6th and Dec. 18th, they went ahead and activated the fraudulent phone. It has now gone over the data limit and I'm getting notifications for that.....but nothing about Comcast doing anything to help me like they keep saying they will. So tired of paying to be treated poorly. I can get to the account because it is within my account, can I suspend the service for the phone or will I then be responsible for the whole mess? I don't even use xfinity mobile. Anyways, I have filed a complaint witht he Colorado Attorney Generals office and hope they can help out as they have already responded after just 2 days....unlike Comcast.

Official Employee

Sadcustomer1, if you've already filed a claim and you are being charged for service, I encourage you to reach out to XFINITY Mobile to have the lines pulled for fraud activity. You can also provide them with the CSA ticket number. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

No call back by Xfinity rep as promised.  They hung-up when I called them.  No one can help or will help with the situation.  Now the fraudulent account shows an amount of $112 owing, with an auto pay setup with a credit card that is not mine.  Beyond bad customer service, I could handle that, there is flat-out no action on the part of Xfinity/Comcast.  I would cancel my service which includes internet, 2 X1 boxes, and an additional 4 TV boses, except once I'm no longer a customer I'm sure my access and potential for help will be less than it is now.  Totally criminal for an organizational to to treat people's fiancial lives in this manner!

Frequent Visitor

Oh, and zero contact or updates from Xfinity/Comcast since the intial contact on 01-03-2018. 

Official Employee

dc5111, please reach out to the CSA team for updates and further instruction. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

I notice they finally changed "My Account" security and the secret question is  now encrypted... Better late than never... Do change all your security info again, it might actually help this time to prevent it happening again. Fingers crossed. 

*I can't begin to say how sorry I am that  anyone is going through such a nightmare*

Frequent Visitor

Spoke to Luis in CSA.  Was given a verbal response that the issue is taken care of.  He was unable to provide anything specific as to the resolution or when it might actually take effect.  I asked for written confirmation of this status, he would not provide anything in writing.  Since there is only verbal communication as to the status, I have nothing to show or prove that this account is not mine or my responsibilty.  I asked for the department or person that could provide further information, Luis said he had no information as to "where" or "whom" is addressing the problem.  Nor any knowledge of where I can get futher help.  Another Xfinity/Comcast deadend!

New Poster

I have had an extermely difficult time getting a fraudulent Xfinity Mobile account removed from my Comcast account. I do not use Xfinity Mobile, I am an ATT customer. This happened to me with ATT a couple of years ago and ATT handled it within the Company in a matter of minutes. Xfinity Mobile has refused to remove the fraudulent account until I fill out a fraud claim form which must be notorized, include a police report, and personal information like my social security number and license number. All information that is used by hackers to perform fraudulent activity. Xfinity Mobile should remove the account immediately instead, I have monthly service charges in my name, ridiculous!

Official Employee

mattallard, the info required in the fraud claim form is needed to conduct an investigation. You can try calling XFINTY Mobile to cancel the account but the claim needs to be filled for the customer security assurance team to investigate. 

KenF

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Same thing happened to me. I was told it  will disappear  from my account and 72 hours. Of course it did not happen. They even send out a phone to the person who set up my account a day after I reported it as fraud. I was on the phone for hours with Comcast and I can’t get anywhere with them.  They are transferring me left and right and I have to repeat the same thing to every single person I talk to.  The Comcast representative wouldn’t even give me his full name according to him “for security reasons”. I am so Frustrated with this situation. I am leaving Comcast after being the end customer for 20 years. This is not what I expected from such a big company. It’s a shame.

New Poster

I Completely agree with you. I am in the same boat. I would not fill out that form either. I will not give them so many personal information when their security is obviously so weak.

New Poster

I am in the same situation. I can’t believe how many people got scammed like this.  you’re saying you’re afraid to cancel your Comcast Internet or cable because than they will not help  you with this issue.  That’s funny. They don’t help you now either. They wont help any of us.  Who knows, maybe Someone who works at Comcast running this scam. And you're still paying them every month for your cable. I am canceling my account as soon as the fios box arrives. I was their customer for over 20 years and this is completely unacceptable from a big company like this. I will not be paying them any money for any services anymore. And I will suggest everybody I know to not sign up with them.  Ever. 

New Poster

It’s interesting how  Comcast is asking us  to fill out that form requiring us to give them all the personal information they need. But they didn’t need any personal information from the hackers. They expect us to trust them with our Social Security number after their system has been hacked so badly. They sent out an iPhone X to the hacker a day after I reported the account as fraud. And they are asking me to give them more personal information? I cannot trust this company anymore.    I understand that there will be hackers out there and this can happen to anyone unfortunately.  But what makes me really angry is the way Comcast handles the whole situation and do not take care of this problem. All I want is this fake account to disappear from under my name. And for that I will have to sit on the phone for hours for who knows how many weeks or month before it will get resolved.  All I get is lies from every single customer representative I talk to.  I am so disappointed in this company. I’ll cancel my cable account in a few days and Never look back. 

Official Employee

Tunde-11, sorry to hear about your experience. Our CSA team is the point of contact for claims of fraud for XFINITY Mobile and residential services. I do not want to lose you as a customer. Once the CSA team has the necessary documents from the claim form, they can open an investigation. 

KenF

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

They have everything they need. I was promised it will disappear from my account in 72 hrs. Than when it didn’t and I called back I’ve been transferred from one person to another. Th last person, LUIS, wouldn’t even give me his last name. What are the Comcast employees afraid of? They do have my full name and all the info and I can’t even have the name of the person I talk to? Seems a little fishy to me. I asked if he’s the supervisor, all he kept repeating is that his the last person I can talk to. He wouldn’t answer my guestion weather he’s the supervisor or not. Bad company and employees, bad costumer service. Can not recommend a company who treats costumers with lies to anybody. Can not stay a costumer for such a company. It’s a shame what’s going on at Comcast. 

New Poster

The funny thing is that I already called the fraud line three times and talk to probably 6-7 employees there so far. Nobody asked me to fill out any form. Nobody gave me a case number. I got no emails about my phone call or report of the fraud. Guess Comcast really wants to keep it hush hush. They don’t want any proof of me calling or my report? Wondering why not. I was promised it will go away in 72 hrs. If they knew that wouldn’t happen, why make false promises. Dishonest company. 

Official Employee

I understand your frustrations. I recommend filling out the form at www.xfinity.com/fraudclaimform 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

An update to my fraudulent mobile account situation.  When I go into my account and click on mobile, it says I do not yet have a mobile account.  I'm hoping this means the issue has been resolved and there is no account linked to me. 

Official Employee

An update to my fraudulent mobile account situation.  When I go into my account and click on mobile, it says I do not yet have a mobile account.  I'm hoping this means the issue has been resolved and there is no account linked to me. 

I can double check if you like. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.