Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fraud

New Poster

Fraud

I had 3 iphones ordered on my xfinity account, I have home internet and cable with xfinity, I was informed from the local office that the xfinity network in our area will not allow for incoming and outgoing phone calles.  So even though I am basically eligible for the service and therefore I choose not to get in on the xfinity mobile.

I got a text message a couple months later welcoming me to xfintiy mobile.  I responded to the text with a WHAT and ?.  I got another automated repsonse that bascially seemd to be that xfintiy was trying to sell me mobile.  

Two days later I get a VM asking me if I need assistance setting up my new phone from xfinity.

I call back and let them now that I have not ordered any phones, I get transferred, on hold for about 20 minutes and now I am talking with the fraud department.  They tell me to change my password, ask me about the credit card I used to order the phones, what is my password, last four of SSN etc.  

I am able to log in to my account at this time and see that 3 Iphone 8 pluses was ordered.  I have a bill for 118 dollars and pending charges for each phone at over 900 dollars.  It appears taht whom ever ordered the phooes used someones credit card to order the phones, this is not my credit card, obviously. 

Fraud departmnet takes my info. suggests I complete a police report and someone will contact me in 24-48 hours later.

To date no one has contacted, I have little recourse at this time, one of the phones have been given a phone number.  

So far it appears xfinity is blaming me for these orders, as if my account was not secure enough. 

Well xfintiy allowed the phones to be shipped to someone other than me, xfiniity allowed a credit card not in my name to order the phones, at no time did they contact me directly to confirm this order.  Not sure that I want to continue with xfinit home internet and cable at this time, as clearly any phones can be order throught mobile simeply because I have an account. 

Most Valued Poster

Re: Fraud

Victim1234 wrote:

I had 3 iphones ordered on my xfinity account, I have home internet and cable with xfinity, I was informed from the local office that the xfinity network in our area will not allow for incoming and outgoing phone calles.  So even though I am basically eligible for the service and therefore I choose not to get in on the xfinity mobile.

I got a text message a couple months later welcoming me to xfintiy mobile.  I responded to the text with a WHAT and ?.  I got another automated repsonse that bascially seemd to be that xfintiy was trying to sell me mobile.  

Two days later I get a VM asking me if I need assistance setting up my new phone from xfinity.

I call back and let them now that I have not ordered any phones, I get transferred, on hold for about 20 minutes and now I am talking with the fraud department.  They tell me to change my password, ask me about the credit card I used to order the phones, what is my password, last four of SSN etc.  

I am able to log in to my account at this time and see that 3 Iphone 8 pluses was ordered.  I have a bill for 118 dollars and pending charges for each phone at over 900 dollars.  It appears taht whom ever ordered the phooes used someones credit card to order the phones, this is not my credit card, obviously. 

Fraud departmnet takes my info. suggests I complete a police report and someone will contact me in 24-48 hours later.

To date no one has contacted, I have little recourse at this time, one of the phones have been given a phone number.  

So far it appears xfinity is blaming me for these orders, as if my account was not secure enough. 

Well xfintiy allowed the phones to be shipped to someone other than me, xfiniity allowed a credit card not in my name to order the phones, at no time did they contact me directly to confirm this order.  Not sure that I want to continue with xfinit home internet and cable at this time, as clearly any phones can be order throught mobile simeply because I have an account. 

Have you contacted your credit card company?  You need to stop payment on these phones.  Once this happens, XM fraud will get off their dead arses and do something.  Be agressive with this and do not depend on XM.  XM fraud division from what I have read here appears to be incompetent and unable to bring all this under control.  Credit card companies have a much more robust and pro active fraud control and investigative programs in place.  Use them.  

Contributor

Yes contact credit card company ,,, as Xfinity of proof of delivery , see where FEDEX delivered this 

with all the questions , numbers and information one has to give to get a phone along with a 

credit card number ,,, are you sure this wasnt done by maybe a family member that would

have all that information ?? Start with cancel credit card , then go for a Proof of delivery 

and work with XM ,

Official Employee

Victim1234, 

Have you filed a claim with us yet? Please check out: https://www.xfinity.com/IDTheftclaimform

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee
Moved:

Service Expert
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved: