Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Fourth attempt ordering an iPhone

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Fourth attempt ordering an iPhone

The two order attempts online in April was a complete failure.  The third time was in the Xfinity Mobile store when we were told the account was flagged for fraud.  An Xfinity rep told us that all was fine now and we should be able to purchase from the store.  In my previous post, Ken [Comcast Rep] believes when my daughter used her own debit card to purchase the iPhone it likely flagged the account.  I made sure my card was the one on file that matches my account.  We finally received a credit for the restocking fee for a phone we never received.  They will not credit the restocking fee to the card only a credit.

We tried to order from the store yesterday but the representative stated we couldn't do it.  He didn't know the reason and of course suggested I call Xfinity.  Before calling Xfinity this morning, I tried ordering from the website.  The order was processed, received a follow up email requesting documents, and the required documents were uploaded a while ago.  I am hoping it will work this time.  If it ships then I still need to burn a vacation day to stay home for the iPhone.  The shipping restriction with FedEx is ridiculous.  They need to make changes to allow their customers that work all day to have the option to sign for it at the FedEx facility.

Will update if the phone ships and we actually receive it.

Accepted Solution

Re: Fourth attempt ordering an iPhone

Update on 5/13/2018

I received a call on Thursday 5/10 to help resolve the recently cancelled order.  There was no way to rollback and process the order.  It was suggested we try ordering online again and to call the representative back.  The difference this time is the representative would oversee the process to make sure it passed the review and iPhone ships.  On Friday 5/11, we ordered the iPhone again.  We received the email requesting to upload the same documents we uploaded three times already.  However, this time we received a shipping confirmation before we uploaded the documents.  We received the shipping confirmation email about four hours after the order was placed.  We didn't need to call back the Comcast representative.  The expected delivery date is Tuesday, May 15th.  After a month of trying, it appears we may finally be receiving the iPhone we have been trying to order.

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

Update on 5/8/2018

I contacted Xfinity mobile chat on Monday, May 7th to check the status. The representative stated I should be receiving an email confirming the order has been shipped with an expected delivery date of Wednesday, May 9th.

This morning I still didn't receive an email confirming the order was shipped. I contacted customer service again this morning. They suggested I call (844) 963-0011 for an update.

I called (844) 963-0011, twice I was disconnected because the representative says they don't accept relay calls or the second representative called it a third party call. So now they are discriminating against persons with disabilities. That's the first time, I was treated that way by Comcast. Once I finally got through to a representative, they informed me that my order was cancelled because the documentation uploaded was not good enough. Are you kidding me ?! It's the exact same license and utility bills from my original order in April. The only difference is the utility bills are more current. It was accepted before now it's not good enough, it makes absolutely no sense. They suggested I order again. I'm so disgusted with the lack of respect and communication from Comcast.

I need to talk with someone with authority to help resolve this on going problem. Trying to order online will be my fifth attempt. Twice in the store and three times online. Can someone please help?!
Frequent Visitor

Update on 5/9/2018 at 10:02 PM PST

Yesterday, I contacted Comcast ECARE also known as Office of Tom Karinshak and explained the recent issue.  My information was forwarded to the Regional Executive Team.  I don't know if this executive team even exists.  I was told I would be contacted the first time I submitted a complaint back in April.  I still haven't had a conversation over the phone with someone from Comcast that addressed my issues with Xfinity Mobile.  As of now, no email or call from this "Regional Executive Team."

A complaint was filed with the FCC Disability Rights Office because of customer service representatives refusal to accept relay calls.  We'll see if Comcast really cares or not.

Official Employee

Hi SpkFox, I am showing out regional team has made contact with you, if this is not the case please let me know.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Update on 5/13/2018

I received a call on Thursday 5/10 to help resolve the recently cancelled order.  There was no way to rollback and process the order.  It was suggested we try ordering online again and to call the representative back.  The difference this time is the representative would oversee the process to make sure it passed the review and iPhone ships.  On Friday 5/11, we ordered the iPhone again.  We received the email requesting to upload the same documents we uploaded three times already.  However, this time we received a shipping confirmation before we uploaded the documents.  We received the shipping confirmation email about four hours after the order was placed.  We didn't need to call back the Comcast representative.  The expected delivery date is Tuesday, May 15th.  After a month of trying, it appears we may finally be receiving the iPhone we have been trying to order.

Official Employee

SpkFox, glad to hear the executive support team was able to fix this for you. Post again if you need anything else. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation