Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email on iPhone 6

New Poster

Email on iPhone 6

I have had a ton of problems with my email on my iPhone 6 lately. Today, it won't let me receive emails on it, but I can send them fine. I've checked that the password is the same for incoming and outgoing emails, I haven't changed the password, and was forced to install the XfinityConnect app at the Verizon store today (which I didn't want to do) so that I can have an operating email. The associate had been told thatis an issue with Comcast email and I've had iPhones for 5+ years. The amount of issues I've had with the email lately is ridiculous. Anyone have any ideas or tips/tricks to get it working again?
Regular Visitor

Re: Email on iPhone 6

So are you using an iPhone 6 on Verizon Wireless using the Mail app to access your Comcast.net email account?
New Poster

Yes I am. Have not had any problems ever until recently.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have never checked my Comcast email from my iPhone as I don’t use it. But I was able to successfully add it to my iPhone (iOS 11.3) without any issues.

Try removing the account and re-adding it from the settings. This should be safe since all the emails are stored on the Comcast servers and not solely on your iPhone.

Settings -> Accounts and Passwords -> Add Account

Select “Other” and pick “Add Mail Account” and enter your email account information. This should use the Comcast auto discovery method to fill in all the server details on the iPhone.

Hope that works!
New Poster

I will try it tomorrow, thanks so much!
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation