New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Domestic Cellular VOICE Roaming

ANSWERED
Contributor

Domestic Cellular VOICE Roaming

I am considering switching to Xfinity Mobile. 

My current carrier, Verizon, does not charge Domestic Cellular VOICE roaming charges if I am, say, calling while driving through one of the areas of the country their network does not cover.

What would happen in a similar situation with Xfinity Mobile?  Would the phone roam when I am outside reach of the Verizon cellular voice network, or just would I just lose the ability to call or text?  If it roams, would there be any charges, and if so, what are they?  And if there *would* be charges, is there a way I could disable domestic cellular voice/text roaming on my account (since phones only seem to have an option to disable *data* roaming)?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Domestic Cellular VOICE Roaming

Rick1361, I haven't come across forum users in XFINITY Mobile who have been charged for domestic roaming. 

I have had customers who are at the edge of coverage and had to dial numbers twice in order to place a call. There isn't a "fix" for this as the phones are working as intended when coverage is less than optimal. 

KenF

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Domestic Cellular VOICE Roaming

Rick1361, I haven't come across forum users in XFINITY Mobile who have been charged for domestic roaming. 

I have had customers who are at the edge of coverage and had to dial numbers twice in order to place a call. There isn't a "fix" for this as the phones are working as intended when coverage is less than optimal. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon